PDA

View Full Version : Extending the Motion Repertoire of OS1

guoshihui
10-26-2015, 08:55 PM
I am wondering whether the developing team is working to extend the motion repertoire of the OS1. For example, a getting-up skill after it falls down.

I am coming from a background of character control in animation, so thinking about doing something on this. Guess using node_server to manipulate the motion pages is what I should be looking into?

Thx!

KevinO
10-26-2015, 11:01 PM
I am coming from a background of character control in animation, so thinking about doing something on this. Guess using node_server to manipulate the motion pages is what I should be looking into?
Thx!

Which studio? I work at DreamWorks Animation.

guoshihui
10-27-2015, 12:38 AM
Which studio? I work at DreamWorks Animation.
That's great...

I did my PhD in Bournemouth UK, not sure if you know that. Right now I am a postdoc in Singapore, =)

You are doing R&D in Dreamworks? Or this is just your personal hobby to work on this robot program?

r3n33
10-27-2015, 11:21 AM
If you can run a windows application I think you might like WinRME (http://forums.trossenrobotics.com/showthread.php?7569-WinRME-(-Robot-Motion-Editor-for-Windows-)&p=68989#post68989) for creating new poses and animations. I'm looking for feedback to improve development and working towards releasing the source code.

I've also made some action pages for getting up from the stomach and back that I can easily share with other WinRME users. If you'd like them I can save and attach the file.

OldBotBuilder
11-06-2015, 11:02 AM
r3n33,
Can you publish your action pages with the added movements? I have WinRME and netrme working.

r3n33
11-07-2015, 11:52 AM
For sure!

I'm attaching a .pagelist file that is used in WinRME. From the PoseAnimator window you can select File, Open and choose this file. There are two pages included for getting up that I designed for my robot that you test, edit, or transfer to your 'bot. I made these pages with the 3D printed hands and no extra parts attached so if you have troubles try stepping through each pose in the page and make adjustments as necessary.