PDA

View Full Version : [Question(s)] Open CM 9.04 A working like USB2Dynamixel

bewieliczko
02-22-2016, 10:11 AM
I am part of a robotics team in college working on a mars rover and I am working on the robotic arm. For the arm we are using the MX line of servos and to control it our professor wants us to use the Open CM 9.04. His goal is to have it so that we can have the option to control the arm with the software remotely or with the blue tooth controller without having to change out what controls the arm. (Last year we used a USB2Dynamixel for software and a CM700 for Bluetooth control).

Right now I can control the arm with the Bluetooth receiver and the USBSerial at the same time but sending the serial commands is kind of inefficient. We have software made that works with the USB2Dynamixel and are hoping to not have to reinvent the wheel.

I have hear rumors about firmware that can make the Open CM 9.04 act like the USB2Dynamixel. Just wondering if this firmware exists and where to find it.

Sorry for the confusing post I can hopefully clear up any questions you have about it.

jwatte
02-22-2016, 12:27 PM
I think an example comes with the OpenCM IDE software:

https://github.com/robotis-pandora/ROBOTIS-OpenCM/blob/master/OpenCM_ide/processing-head/build/shared/examples/06.%20Dynamixel/l_DxlTosser/l_DxlTosser.pde

(it should be in the projects/examples menu)