PDA

View Full Version : HR-OS1 just getting started



solosailor
10-10-2016, 05:03 PM
Hi all, I have been reading for a while, but this is my first post.

I got interested in "Jimmy" when I saw some of the PR videos around the project and read the fiction around the character. Fun stuff, and I being a tinkerer I finally started assembling one with my 3D printer. I have the Pi, arbotix pro, a handful of AX-12's etc. I started with the body and head. I got the software installed and built and it seems to be responding to the ball tracker app, but I have some problems. The servos are really trying too hard - very fast head tracking which seems crazy, and I also seem to have a problem with the head rotation being backwards?? Any thoughts? Which file would I edit to tell it the head rotation should be reversed ? (note .. I have one of the experimental neck/head installed which dropped the rotation servo between the shoulders.)

Also, when running the app I have had it twitch the servo really fast causing the pi to reboot. I am assuming the controller must not be getting enough power from my little wall wart ?

Thanks in advance.

Drew

solosailor
10-11-2016, 09:53 PM
Okay, I found most of what I was looking for after some experimentation today! Most of my questions were buried in other threads, and I have the camera working as it is supposed to now. I also went to r3n33's version of the framework which has a lot more toys to play with, but is also likely going to cost me a lot more $! Thanks for that! I also decided to start printing a smaller version of Jimmy's head. The big one just seemed to have a bit too much momentum when swinging around, and I think is a little much for the little guy. I am also going to go back to a more standard neck arrangement I think, though I will keep the pan servo between the shoulders as that makes more sense. I also have confirmed the power supply is just not putting out enough juice. That is easily corrected. Now to start on the arms!

r3n33
10-19-2016, 12:58 PM
Sounds like you have made forward progress on your own. Indeed a good number of questions have been answered in other threads and with everything open source you can dig in and find some solutions to non-standard issues with your own experimentation.

From what I recall a bit of what I was adding into the HR-OS1 framework was available with the Darwin-OP but had not yet been explored on the OS1 platform.

If you get stuck again let us know and I'll try to help out.