PDA

View Full Version : Onyx X

jwatte
11-06-2016, 11:02 PM
Who knows, maybe I'll finish it in time for RoboGames?
If I give up on the Robomagellan for this year, that will significantly increase my chances.

I've come to the conclusion that the main frustration for me at this point is that all RCA-in displays I own are way too fussy with the input signal, and thus cut in and out with the 5.8 GHz video signal.
The displays from RTeam at Robogames 2015 were apparently more tolerant of noise.
What's a good source of such displays?

https://watte.net/onyx-x-rebuild-concept-2016-11-06.png

GhengisDhon
11-07-2016, 08:28 AM
I use a RX-LCD5802 Diversity receiver/monitor. The receiver is built into the monitor. Out of all the combinations RTeam uses, I believe it is the cleanest and is simple to use. It does cost a little more than most however. I got it off eBay. (The rest of RTeam seems to be happy with whatever they are using but I don't know the specific models)

At last years Robogames, Gertlex also had problems with receiver/monitor so he ended up borrowing mine for his matches and it cleaned up his signal. I think he was intending to get one for his mech this year (don't know if he has yet).

GhengisDhon
11-07-2016, 08:36 AM
On the transmitter side, we're using a TS5823 transmitter. I got mine from getFPV. We had problems previous to that with cheap transmitters from Taiwan/China.

The RX-LCD5802 also came with a transmitter, but I already had the TS5823's so I have never tried it.

jwatte
11-07-2016, 10:50 AM
Thanks!
The Googles say that there are Neewer, Boscam, and Andoer products named "RX-LCD5802." My guess is that those are all knock-offs, and I should be looking for some other brand name?

GhengisDhon
11-07-2016, 09:00 PM
Did some digging and found my old order. It was actually from Amazon and not ebay. Here's the link:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ISOREEU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Unfortunately, its out of stock and doesn't look like it will be back anytime soon.

Maybe try getFPV? We've ordered from them and had good success. They have Diversity receivers. (Diversity receivers have two antennas. I run a standard antenna and a clover leaf antenna. It switches between them to find the best signal)

Let me know what you get and how it works out for you