PDA

View Full Version : Vacuum

Jenn
02-05-2007, 06:24 PM
Hi. I am not sure if this is the right place to post this. Just a ? on building a home desktop cnc. Would anyone want some type of dust free system? All enclosed tracks? This is my first post. I am new to all of this. It is so intersting. I just have many ideas and need a place to vent them. It all has probably been done before, but like I said, I am new. Looking forward to chatting w/all the bright people in this forum!!:)

Alex
02-07-2007, 01:55 PM
Welcome to the community Jenn! Glad to see you found us:) Feel free to vent any and all project ideas here. If you don't build it, someone else sure might. If/When you start building your project(s), tell us all about it here! Oh yeah, we love pictures.

HCI development is a very exciting area to get into. The amount of projects/ideas that one can come up with are endless, and we carry enough of the parts needed to create hundreds of different projects!

When getting people interested in your project, I know it's cheesy, but I love the old saying, "If you build it, they will come". The best thing that you can do to draw people in and get excited about your project, is to talk about it in a place where it will reach the largest target audience! Hmm... where could that be? I know, shameless promotion, haha!

Anyways, a home desktop CNC machine has been made before, but the only one that I've seen is an entire kit including a Linux Box, and is in almost every issue of Robot Magazine. I have yet to see something built off a Windows machine, and/or just the product by itself, which requires nothing more than an application to install on any OS.

Good luck!