PDA

View Full Version : Problems with my servo

sjoerd
02-27-2007, 01:35 PM
Hi everyone,

I've just received my 1-motor servo controller today and I immediatelly connected it to a servo I bought earlier (GWS Servo 04S). When I ran the servo slider example project provided the servo started moving forwards and backwards making the angle I've set it to. What is wrong? How can I prevent the servo from moving 90 degrees forward (like I tell it to), and then when it has made it's move, from moving the same 90 degrees backward, over and over again.
Please help me out.

Ps.
It doesn't matter to which angle I set it, it only works if I manually turn the servo to it's starting position, then when I start the program it'll move to the angle it's set to and then it stops. However if i set it to another angle its the same story again. Have to shutdown the software, move it back manually to it's starting position.

Greetings and thanks in advance,

Sjoerd
Holland

srobot
02-27-2007, 02:06 PM
Hi,
Which servo controller are you using?

--Scotty

sjoerd
02-27-2007, 02:23 PM
I'm using a Phidget, the Phidgets 1-motor servo controller

Dave
02-27-2007, 03:42 PM
I'd like you to try something. Plug everything in and start up the "servo-slider.exe" demo from the VB6.0 folder. The servo should turn to the default angle and stay there. So far so good?

Now, click on the slider handle and drag it slowly back and forth from one end of the bar to the other. Does the servo turn as you drag the slider?

Also, the servo may behave eratically if you are trying to set it to an angle that is outside its range of rotation. Could this be the case?

sjoerd
02-28-2007, 02:47 AM
Yes, it goes to the starting position. After I slowly drag the slider forwards and backwards it immediatellly starts going into that loop, even if I increase the angle with .1.

Dave
02-28-2007, 01:05 PM
Have you tried it with a different servo? If the servo is oscillating like that, I suspect that something has fried in the servo's internal control circuit.

sjoerd
02-28-2007, 01:26 PM
I haven't tried it with a different servo yet, we're operating on a very very tight budget and we cannot afford a new servo. If there's no other option left ofcourse we will have to replace the servo, but it will be hard to accomplish.

Matt
02-28-2007, 03:08 PM
Sorry for the late reply. I've tried using GWS servos before and they gave me a lot of trouble. Totally erratic unpredictable behavior. I think the GWS servo is your problem. I highly recommend trying a Hitec or Futaba servo.

sjoerd
03-01-2007, 12:03 PM
Ok, that's a pitty. Wish I would have known that before I bought the GWS servo. I will go back to the shop and get myself another servo, if the problem still exists I know where to find you guys ;).
Thanks a lot for the help so far:cool: