PDA

View Full Version : Object tracking and grasping

alexan
03-16-2007, 07:58 AM
hi,
i would like to know how can the robot arm(i.e KUKA )tracks the moving object on the conveyor and then grasping it without even stopping the moving conveyor?
where can i find this type of information?

regards,

Alex
03-16-2007, 09:24 AM
Hi Alexan,

Welcome to the Community!

We'd like to help you out, but without links it's sort of hard to tell exactly what you are talking about?

alexan
03-18-2007, 11:25 PM
hi,
thanks for your reply.
can u tell me where can i find out the papers or journals about the Object tracking and grasping on the moving conveyor by robot arm?
because i need to use the robot arm to track and grasp the object from the moving conveyor. it is like a small project for me.

Alex
03-19-2007, 10:41 AM
Hi Alexan,

What you are looking for is more for industrial applications, which is outside of the scope of the TR community. The scope of the TR community is robotics for education, hobby, research and competition.

There may be someone here that can shed some light on your question and be able to help you out, but it may take some time for them to get to you. The thing is, is that it looks to me like you are looking for more of an end-user type application/product which most people here don't deal with. In other words, I would suggest checking to see what Google has to offer in the meantime:)

Good Luck!

Marc-X
12-19-2007, 06:00 PM
This (grasping of moving objects) is most oftne done with photooptical sensors telling the bot where teh object is located at any given time. When the speed of comveyor is known, a simple impulse from a laser detector will be enough. There is also the more advanced method of using CCD cameras for oject tracking in real-time.

/// M

kdwyer
12-19-2007, 07:13 PM
It isn't too much work to devise a linkage to 'sync up' the conveyor belt speed to the arm speed. An arm can then descend to grasp a (relative to the arm) stationary item. A gantry system works very well, and is a manageable project and scales well.