PDA

View Full Version : "This action cannot be completed because the other application is busy"...

Mooncinder
03-28-2007, 01:45 PM
I've recently made a program in Visual Basic 6 that uses an accelerometer. It runs fine within vb6 and when I make it into an exe but when I install it somewhere else, I keep getting this error: "This action cannot be completed because the other application is busy. Choose 'switch to' to activate the busy application and correct the problem." There are three buttons, 'switch to', 'retry' and 'cancel' (which is greyed out).

This is very odd because my program is the only application I'm running. The error only appears once I click somewhere on the UI of my program and once it does, the only way I can get out of it is to close the process in task manager.

If anyone can tell me how to fix this, I'd really appreciate it. Please reply asap as I need to know by tomorrow afternoon!

Thanks in advance,
Mooncinder

Alex
03-28-2007, 05:58 PM
Do you have the Phidget.msi installed on the other computer? Do you have the vb6 runtimes installed on that computer as well?

Alex
03-28-2007, 06:01 PM
also, what is your target machine you are getting the errors on when trying to run the exe?