MX-64 Hexapod Robot Prototype called Golem using an Intel NUC

MX-64 Hexapod Robot Prototype called Golem using an Intel NUC
MX-64 Hexapod Robot Prototype called Golem using an Intel NUC (1 min 07 sec)
02-23-2014 at 12:42 PM
Uploaded by KevinO

Rating: 0 after 0 votes

Favorites: 0 - Views: 1775
Comments: 0

Tags:
Gait test of my next project named Golem. My primary goal for the project is to learn ROS (www.ros.org) so I designed this platform to keep it interesting. Golem is roughly 2.5 feet (76.2 cm) in diameter and weighs 16 pounds (7.3 Kg). His body is T6 Aluminum with parts powder coated white gloss for a bit of flair. In regards to servos, the legs are MX-64s and the turret is a MX-28. The camera system isn't ready so it isn't attached at this time. It has an onboard Intel NUC D54250 motherboard that consists of a Intel 4th Gen i5 processor 8 Gig of RAM and a 120 Gig SSD. It also has a gyroscope, accelerometer and compass for bearing and orientation aide. Manual control is done by a Sony Playstation 3 controller paired to the onboard Bluetooth. It's power supply is a 6000 mAh military spec lipo battery. Much more to come but I thought I would share my current progress. I'd like to note my development of this project is in partnership with Interbotix Labs. Special tanks to Andrew for allowing me to use design elements from his Envy quad project.

Thread link: Golem MX-64 4dof Hexapod project.
Submit Comment

1. This media has no comments...
Media Library © Jason Axelrod from 8WayRun.Com (sponsored by Hotslot.org, a Slot Machine Resource)