Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Robotis TurtleBot3

Re: The Robotis TurtleBot3

Hum, I hear ya. I see someone changed something in the Panorama code, but if I were changing code on a shipping product one would
    think a check of some sort would be done LOL. I guess the bottom line is: everything else is working. Yea!
    Last edited by LloydF; 01-26-2018 at 10:52 AM.

Oh hell Look out they have updated the turtlebot3 package added some new features and broke it at the same time.
    (NOTE) I deleted the tb3 files and down loaded new and using the catkin_make -j2 option they now can compile with out locking up.
    I had to use synaptic to download the dependency file Interactive_markers that was missing to compile with out error.
    This code seem to be a moving target and I can not keep up LOL.
    Last edited by LloydF; 01-30-2018 at 02:11 PM.

Everything is compiling today. Yea!! Now lets see what is new . (Applications compiled too.)
    A new section 25. Appendix #Raspberry Pi Camera , and maybe a new turtlebot3 waffle Pi?
    Seems that Robotis is going to build a Waffle with the Raspberry Pi3 and a V2 camera.
    Last edited by LloydF; 02-14-2018 at 03:25 PM.

I see blockly is back under Learn, I hope they fixed it this time.
    I used this on my erle-robotics spider (out of production at this time) .
    It seems there really pushing forward with the PI3 for the Turtlebot3.
    Last edited by LloydF; 02-25-2018 at 07:41 AM.

I was emailing with Robotis (US site) about some other things I mentioned I was interested in the Waffle and
    the support persons response mentioned that it looked like there would be a new release with RPI3 and a camera and it should be announced and released in March...

Cool, This is a good time to learn ROS as the ROBOTIS folks have released a FREE book.
    Look under Notice and News and you must sign up for a Robot Source Account but then you can download this New book in PDF.
    I have only started reading it but it appears from a quick read to be done very, very well.
    I would go so far as to say, it is the best I have seen.
    http://community.robotsource.org/t/d...k-for-free/51/
    Last edited by LloydF; 02-28-2018 at 07:05 PM.

I am not totally sure but it would appear the new Turtlebot3 waffle pi will come with a hard copy of there new Book “ROS Robot Programming, A Handbook that is written by The TurtleBot3 Developers”
    and is to be release next week or tomorrow.
    Last edited by LloydF; 02-19-2018 at 12:06 PM.

Will keep my eyes out... Still would prefer it if they went with something like an UP board... But could always start of with RPI3 and see where it takes me...

Looks like you can now order the Waffle PI; http://www.robotis-shop-en.com/?act=...04&GC=GD070003

It costs less than the original waffle, replaced joule with RPI3 replaced the Intel 3d Camera with RPI camera

I would guess after the problems with intel cancelling the Joule and abandoning the v1 realsense api they wanted to stay as safe as possible and you can't get safer than the Pi. It would have been great to see Up boards being used but the kernel support is still very lacking for much of their V1 hardware so its understandable.

Thread Information