Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turtlebot2i

Wink Turtlebot2i

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	turtlebot21.jpg 
Views:	279 
Size:	123.6 KB 
ID:	7066
    Took around 20 minutes to assemble (ARTF) or crawl (ARTC) but it is here and it is sweet!

Re: Turtlebot2i

Nice!
    Can it fetch you a beer yet? :-)

LoL, I did buy some turtlebot goodies Just before Iheartrobotics went under.
    I must find the plate for holding cups. If they replace the Plastic standoffs with metal, I'll jump on that.
    They are not the same length as a turtlebot or turtlebot2's so I cant just change them out. hum? or can I.

You need standoffs of a particular size, you say?
    I think there's a website for that :-)

Hum thanks. AHHH a TIP. Most if not all TURTLEBOT installs are designed for an most likely by developers that are on a
    DYNAMIC internet network, but there are a lot of us that are on static IP's. The point is most bots whant to use ZEROCONF.
    To get ZEROCONF to work on a static IP address you must change (edit) the file /ect/default/avahi_daemon
    and change the Line AVAHI_DAEMON_DETECT_LOCAL=1 to a zero (0) and save. Then you can connect with turtlebot.local vice a IP address.
    Last edited by LloydF; 07-09-2017 at 05:38 PM. Reason: spelling is really bad sorry

It should be noted that this robot Kobuki Mobile Base is the only one I have which will navigate a plush carpet (the ones were when you take your shoes off and go ahhhh!), that the rumba or create base can not traverse. This part makes me sad as this rug covers the living room and does havoc on odometry readings, but like all blessings we take the good with the bad.

So how are you liking your Turtlebot?

Did you order it with the Arm?

It is interesting that I have received two newsletters from Trossen mentioning their new ROS setups including the turtlebot, but so far they have not posted anything up here. Still on fence which if any Turtlebot I will go for. I do think they would be a great learning setup for ROS.

I believe there making more of a kit out of it now. Mine was mostly assembled with the arm. I am sure there working on the Docs as:
    http://learn.trossenrobotics.com/pro...bly-guide.html
    and https://github.com/Interbotix/turtlebot2i/wiki I used to make the base station/ remote PC.
    I am setting up a different NCU for Ubuntu 14.04 as my other Turtlebot runs on it, so we will see.
    (edit) Note someone worked there ahhh, really hard on this one as the software is off of ROS Kinetic Kame the 16.04 LTS release.
    Point being this is way cool! As the Turtlebot2's are off of the 14.04 LTS and have not been updated to 16.04 I don't believe.
    Last edited by LloydF; 08-13-2017 at 11:09 AM.

For some odd reason my NCU stopped seeing my ssd, just when I was starting to play with the arm demo's. So I have put this
    project on hold until I decide how to proceed on a NCU for this little bot and the UPS seems to work properly only when docked
    so I simply replaced it with one I have used before. A work in progress for me.

Images

Hey all,

One of my students built the trossen version of this robot. We are unable to get the realSense camera to work. It keeps issuing an error saying there is no driver for the camera. Any idea what we are doing wrong?

DB

Thread Information