Thread: The TR Humane Mousetrap !

Images

The TR Humane Mousetrap !

We were trying to think of fun projects people could build at home that were also somewhat functional and we came up with a better mousetrap! Doesn't every inventor at some point? (That and also a device for lowering the toilet seat after males are done.)

Parts Used:
    (1) 8/8/8 Phidget Interface Kit
    (1) Phidget 1-Servo kit (1 servo & 1 controller)
    (1) Computer to run the application (not shown in video)
    (1) Phidget Motion Sensor (old format shown in video)
    (1) Metal Jack Daniels Canister
    (1) Balsa wood, tape, glue, etc
    (1) One gerbil playing the part of hungry mouse.

We cut a hole in the top of the Jack Daniels canister and taped the motion sensor over it pointing inward. Then we mounted the servo at the open end of the canister fixing a balsa wood door flap to it. We wrote a quick little program that simply moved the servo into the "closed" position when motion was seen by the motion sensor inside the canister. That's it! Oh, and we added a button to open the trap to let our little actor out.

After many takes of our actor not wanting to play his part of the hungry mouse entering the canister I pretty much resorted to shoving him in there. I know, we need to work on our demos....

2. Re: The TR Humane Mousetrap !

Is that Black Sabbath playing in the background? Maybe that's why the hamster wouldn't cooperate. It was afraid Ozzy was about to bite its head off.

Images

Re: The TR Humane Mousetrap !

I was trying everything to scare him into the box. LOL. You would think the Jack Daniels label would be enough... next I was going to dress in a large cat suit and try some Gwar.

Thread Information