Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Post Your Contest Questions Here

Images

Re: Post Your Contest Questions Here

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    You can enter as many as you like. It would be an individuals call whether to use them up in one contest or to save some for the following contests.
    Too slow old man.

2. Re: Post Your Contest Questions Here

The question i have, is does the project have to be completed already?
    I've just started a project just for the contest, and i just uploaded my first video of it tonight. I went to create robot project and it's asking for "completion" time frames and such.
    World of Warcraft
    www.ofhellfire.com
    MC Raiders!! We ant got no life!!

Da Newb, and yes this is my bear butt.....

Images

Robot projects are never "done" only abandoned :P If a project is still being worked on that is okay, but I would suggest waiting until it is at least mostly finished before submitting to a contest. We will be running contests one after another so if you miss one, just wait for the next one

There's a new contest? The last contenst I see on the contest page (#9) ended in January 2012.

Images

Oops! Someone needs to be shot. Sorry about that. Yes, that is the new current contest and it is supposed to say ends Jan 2013! We will fix it right away.

6. Re: "Submit Your Project and Win!" Contest details and qualificaitons

Hi,

What the real thinking comes down to is: Can you get a patent, then manufacture and sell the item within 5-years to beat everybody else to the marketplace and set a "Brand Name" for your idea. IF NOT ... then just spend $35 to copyright everything to prove you did it first and make the information public so somebody else can manufacture and sell the product and you can embarrass them later for copying your idea ... maybe get a royalty if you're really lucky. Otherwise like most great ideas you can take it to the grave and know you didn't tell anyone else how smart you were.

As for patents ... for about $150 you can write up the entire project and file for a "Provisional Patent" with the US Patent office, but that only protects you for 1-year ... by then you should have a really good patent attorney or a friend or yourself completing a full patent, but those usually cost more than you can expect to earn unless you're going to sell a lot of product ... a whole lot of product.

That's my 2Cents ...

7. How to enter my BirthDate in the Contest webpage ???

Hi,

To get back to my birth date the calendar is making me click on a tiny arrow pointing to the left rather than letting me just type in my birthday date ??? I'm going to die of old age here trying to click all those clicks to go back that far in time!

Images

We will look into the calander tool to see what is up, but it isn't asking for your birthdate, it is asking for the robot birth date.

Images

I'm finding that I can't save any updates to my project entry.... Might this be broken?

10. Re: Post Your Contest Questions Here

I think this might be because we added a required 'Synopsis' Field after we launched the Robot Projects page. Can you add some text in there, and see if it will save your other updates? Thanks!

Thread Information