Thread: Speecys on Java and SPC-101C viewpoint

Images

Speecys on Java and SPC-101C viewpoint

I found a very nice easy to use C# video component that works with any WDM video capture device, so I have the Pinnacle PCTV HD Pro Stick with the SPC-101 wireless receiver hooked in so I have the video coming in from the SPC-101C camera.

Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av_9Yov9emM

Now for some Java - this was an application that one of the Speecys developer sent over for me to rip around with the source. I plan on creating some applications that I can run from my MacBook Pro or Linux, and Windows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-AfNwqsalQ
    Last edited by Matt; 09-22-2007 at 11:55 PM.

Images

Re: Speecys on Java and SPC-101C viewpoint

"Seeing through a Robot's Eyes", next on Geraldo, haha!

Seriously, that's almost scary it's so damn cool

�In the long history of humankind (and animal kind, too) those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed�
    - Charles Darwin

Images

Wait a sec... Sorry cdraptor, but this didn't register in my head the first time I read the post:

I found a very nice easy to use C# video component that works with any WDM video capture device
    Could you please point me to this? I am very interested in looking at what you found.

�In the long history of humankind (and animal kind, too) those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed�
    - Charles Darwin

Images

Alex

Here is the link to the control - http://www.imagingcontrol.com/

So the other day I was controlling the robot that was upstairs on the floor while I was downstairs walking it around from my C# application, need to adjust where I put the video reciever, it got fuzzy at times, but was pretty good most of the time.

Chuck

Images

Man, how long has this company been around?

It would've been nice to know a couple years back that there was a company like this that wrapped up DX9's DShowLib into nice clean examples. I learned all the DX DShow and DirectInput stuff completely from scratch using MSoft's DX SDK Examples and from various examples all over the net. Let me tell ya, it was pretty painful, haha!

I never even knew about the WDM Stream Class imagingcontrol was talking about. Sounds like I have some studying to do!

Thanks for the link:robotveryhappy:

- Charles Darwin

Thread Information