Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Incredibly realistic Hexabot Movement

Images

Incredibly realistic Hexabot Movement

I'm blown away by the movement of this robot. Add in the fact that it is reacting to facial recognition and it's hard to not be wowed. This is what happens when animatronics guys play with robotics. This robot was created by the people over at MicroMagic Systems. They have more videos and descriptions on their site to have fun checking out.

I found this from a post at BotJunkie

2. Re: Incredibly realistic Hexabot Movement

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I'm blown away by the movement of this robot. Add in the fact that it is reacting to facial recognition and it's hard to not be wowed. This is what happens when animatronics guys play with robotics. This robot was created by the people over at MicroMagic Systems. They have more videos and descriptions on their site to have fun checking out.

I found this from a post at BotJunkie
    Hi Matt,

Thanks for your comments on iC. I recently finished the podium that iC stands on, and got to exhibit him at the Monster Mash gallery in London. iC had a great reception from the people who came to see him in action. Over the two day event, the system was running for 17 hours, of which the servos ran for 15hours, and iC took over 800 photos which he uploaded to his website:

www.hexapodrobot.com

I'm hoping to exhibit iC at other venues this year.

cheers,

Matt.
    www.micromagicsystems.com

Images

Re: Incredibly realistic Hexabot Movement

Hi!

Your hexapods are simply the best Matt!

-Zenta

Images

Hey Matt,

Glad to have you here. I like the casing for him. It makes him look more dangerous, like he can't be let out. It reminds me of the scene in arachnophobia where they catch one of the spiders under a glass and it's so aggressive it's attacking the sides. LOL

Do you have any footage of him at the show? I'd like to see the peoples reactions to him.

Images

I have seen many of the videos that Matt has at Micromagic.com His hexapod is amazing!!! I think the video with the reaction to force was the most amazing thing I've seen with hexapods...

Keep the awesome videos coming Matt!
    ---
    Sleep? You don't need sleep...

---

6. Re: Incredibly realistic Hexabot Movement

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Hey Matt,

Glad to have you here. I like the casing for him. It makes him look more dangerous, like he can't be let out. It reminds me of the scene in arachnophobia where they catch one of the spiders under a glass and it's so aggressive it's attacking the sides. LOL

Do you have any footage of him at the show? I'd like to see the peoples reactions to him.
    Hi Matt,

I don't have any footage from the Monster Mash as yet, but should get some soon from a TV crew who covered the event. I will keep you posted.

cheers

Matt.

Images

Its robots like this one that make me wonder what the hell I'm doing. This thing is beautiful.

Anyone thinking of making a large capacity crawler? Maybe something capable of carrying a 10Kg payload?

I know it would be hugely expensive...but maybe hugely useful as well.

The robot in the link below is not nearly as beautiful, but I think it is carrying a panasonic CF-27 on its back.

I know...I should play with my own toys, and stop trying to play with other peoples.

Great Robot.

DB

bout 12 miles west of town, make a left, go 2 miles, make a left, then a right, got the end.

That was so cool!!

Is the use of the "roller skates" unique? I have never seen that before and can imagine the mobility that it would give an all-terrain robot once on a road.

9. Re: Incredibly realistic Hexabot Movement

Finally got some footage from the Film24 interviews shot at the Monster Mash. The cut version can be viewed here:

The full 10min interview can be viewed here:

Matt.
    Last edited by mdenton; 06-11-2008 at 05:35 PM.

10. Exclamation Re: Incredibly realistic Hexabot Movement

For those who are interested I have a couple of exhibition dates coming up for "iC Hexapod".

You can view details of the ArtBots exhibition here:

http://www.hexapodrobot.com/forum/vi....php?f=22&t=84

I may also have an exhibition in London at the end of July, I will keep you posted.

If you can make any of these events I will be present so please come and say hello.

cheers,

Matt.

Thread Information