Trossen Accelerometer Gyro Top Banner

Thread: Skype Controlled Roboquad with Spy Capability

1. Honorablemention Skype Controlled Roboquad with Spy Capability

In the embedded YouTube video, I turn a WowWee Roboquad robot into a remote controlled spy robot using an unreleased version of my Robodance controller software. Using Robodance's voice control interface and Skype API integration, I make my home computer into a Skype server that converts Skype audio received from a remote client into robot commands that are executed by my Roboquad robot. The Roboquad has a 2.4 GHz wireless camera and microphone attached to its head. My home computer answers the incoming Skype call and relays the audio and video from the Roboquad to my laptop via Skype's video call service. My laptop is acting as a remote client that makes a Skype call into my home computer. The net result is that from my laptop, which is running only the Skype client software, I can call into my home computer from anywhere in the world and spy on my own home while using my voice to command my Roboquad spy robot. Here's the video:

The system is explained in greater detail on my Skype robot information page.
    Last edited by roschler; 10-17-2007 at 03:54 PM.

Images

Re: Skype Controlled Roboquad with Spy Capability

Do'h My bad roschler, I didn't realize that I haven't replied to this project

This project really brings some of the latest technology together, very impressive! I got you submitted in this month's contest.

�In the long history of humankind (and animal kind, too) those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed�
    - Charles Darwin

3. Re: Skype Controlled Roboquad with Spy Capability

We just got some Roboquads in the shop, and we're really itching to play around with them. It's cool to see what the little beast is capable of.

I've always wanted to mess around with Robodance, so maybe this would be a good opportunity.

4. Trossen Force Sensor  Thread Banner
  5. Re: Skype Controlled Roboquad with Spy Capability

Hi everybody, I have no landline, but use VoIP through a satellite system here in Spain. I ordered an electronic business card through vista print, but noticed I needed outlook express to launch it? I tried downloading outlook, with no success, but I do use yahoo mail. Is it because I dont have a fixed landline, the reason I cannot download and use outlook express? Thanks a lot.
    I need voip

Hi Patrikana,

This seems like a good question for yahoo, microsoft, vista print, or a general tech support forum. Anyplace but here.
    I Void Warranties�

Hey roschler, I believe the psp can run skype software, do you think you can control your bot with the psp? I had contemplated the possibility and also to stream video to my psp from my robot. cool stuff..

8. Re: Skype Controlled Roboquad with Spy Capability

Quote Originally Posted by Vsions View Post
    Hey roschler, I believe the psp can run skype software, do you think you can control your bot with the psp? I had contemplated the possibility and also to stream video to my psp from my robot. cool stuff..
    You should be able to control Robodance and the robot it is controlling with from any viable Skype client using your voice. Since the system is voice controlled, any Skype client with a microphone can get the audio over to the remote server running Robodance, but I've never tried using the PSP as a remote client.

Thread Information