Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: iSobot

Images

iSobot

Well I got my iSobot from Trossen today, currently charging up the batteries - I just got back from DC so I haven't had any time to mess with it, anxiously awaiting the charge indicator to go off - If I am seeing correctly it takes 6 hours to fully charge the AA batteries - hmmm, it's been on for a few hours - can't eneloop come out with a 15 - 20 minute quick charger!!! - better order more batteries. I would say video to come soon, but maybe that will be waiting until tomorrow

2. Re: iSobot

Hello,

I just paid for my i-sobot, hopefully it will be here next week.

Asbrandsson

3. Re: iSobot

The batteries that come with it give you a pretty sad amount of run time. I want to look into some other rechargeable brands and see if we can do better.

Images

Re: iSobot

I actually gotta disagree with you on this one Dave

I ran this little guy for a pretty long time (about 1/2 to 3/4 hour) over the weekend all off of the last charge that you gave it. He started running a little low when my friends came over later in the evening though

�In the long history of humankind (and animal kind, too) those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed�
    - Charles Darwin

Images

Dave, I found he lasted a good 35 - 45 minutes and it depended on how much playing around, I bought another pack of eneloops for him since the charger that comes with takes hours and hours. Now they warn in the docs to use only those eneloop batteries.

6. Re: iSobot

Hmm.. Well we may have been working the little guy too hard. You've seen the weightlifting video, right?

Although, now that I think of it, we may not have started with a full charge. Waiting for batteries to charge is like watching paint dry, and its particularly frustrating when you want to play with your shiny new toy.

Images

Yeah, I wasn't trying to pump iron with the little dude when I was checking him out, haha!

�In the long history of humankind (and animal kind, too) those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed�
    - Charles Darwin

Images

Here is a video of my 2 isobots fighting. It was so much fun by the way. I haven't run into the battery problem...unless you try using regular AAA batteries. Don't bother they run out after about 3 minutes. I had to adjust one of the servo clams before the fight mind you not after...though I figure this isn't the best idea long term. Can't wait to do more though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFSmYB_BAyM

Last edited by Alex; 12-26-2007 at 09:51 AM. Reason: fixed the YouTube link:)

Images

Quote Originally Posted by darkback2 View Post
    Here is a video of my 2 isobots fighting. It was so much fun by the way. I haven't run into the battery problem...unless you try using regular AAA batteries. Don't bother they run out after about 3 minutes. I had to adjust one of the servo clams before the fight mind you not after...though I figure this isn't the best idea long term. Can't wait to do more though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFSmYB_BAyM
    That is just too funny...lol

10. Re: iSobot

Hank Freid appears to be New York City's 5th worst landlord. And also appears to be involved in some major controversy, etc, etc. I'm betting my hard drive to a toilet paper tube that this hank guy is a spam bot.

He's a hotelier, and I have no doubt he paid someone to put together an online spam campaign.

http://origin.observer.com/2008/acti...ier-hank-freid

etc etc

Thread Information