Thread: Windows based power and recharge app.

Windows based power and recharge app.

I was wondering if anyone has a windows based power monitoring and recharge program I can load on my ER1 robot. I know the IRobot vacuum and Spykee will go to the charger when power get low, but I have not seen a standalone system to adapt other robots.

Any help would be great.

Thanks
    Tymtravler

2. Re: Windows based power and recharge app.

I don't really know much about the ER1 platform. How easy is it to install your own sensor peripherals and run your own code?

Re: Windows based power and recharge app.

Very easy, if you know how to write code

Tymtravler:
    Sounds like you and I are in the same boat. I.E. Limited code writing ability. I've been working with the Microsoft Visual Studio C+, and there is allot of good information there. Not to mention the learning center is huge. Almost to a point where you can get a headache real quick.

The unfortunate part is, I have come to the conclusion that it is a necessary evil when working on projects of this size and scope. Those Visual Studio suites also have Visual basic, C#, and ASB, but I chose C+ as it seems to be the standard out there.

The one thing I will say is, there seem to be allot of people out here on these forum that are more than willing to help.

Regards:
    Ron:

PS: I will look around to see what I can come up with for you.

Images

Datahead:

Although C++ seems to be the standard, I see more people developing PC based robotics and robotics related (such as HA) projects in C# nowadays. C# is a much easier language to learn than C++ and it is pretty much a mash between C++ and Visual Basic. It also has a ton of great content in the learning center:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/express/aa700756.aspx

Be sure to download 2005, not 2008. 2008 C# has a ton of great features, but from my understanding, programming in it is a bit different than 2005.

Plus, an extra benefit is that C# syntax is almost identical to Java in many ways, so if you ever run into a situation where you have to look at (or develop) some Java code, you start off with a much better understanding of it than going from C++ to Java.

Just my $0.02

�In the long history of humankind (and animal kind, too) those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed�
    - Charles Darwin

Ok, Thanks for the help, I know I have been avoiding it, but looks like if I want to develop, C# needs to be learned.

Best Regards
    Joe
    Last edited by Tymtravler; 11-08-2007 at 07:37 AM.

Thread Information