Thread: WOW! Very cool new linux-based micro computer!

Images

WOW! Very cool new linux-based micro computer!

http://buglabs.net/products

My jaw dropped when one of my coworkers linked this to me! Looks very hackable, and could prove to be an excellent brain for a robot, with tons of add-on capability. Possibilities look endless!

I might have to pray to the wife-god for funding to pick one of these up... but I don't even have a robot to pop it in yet!

Images

Re: WOW! Very cool new linux-based micro computer!

Ha! Too funny, I just saw this on g4tv last night. That was pretty much my reaction too. I showed everyone here the site, and they had the same I'm praying that they want some resellers!!

�In the long history of humankind (and animal kind, too) those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed�
    - Charles Darwin

Images

These are making the rounds pretty quick! I've already sent an email over to them. I think they are a great fit for our catalog. Unfortunately, we have to tell a lot of people calling in that don't know programming that they can't use a lot of the modular items that we sell. Bug labs looks like a nice happy medium that could be an answer for such people. I've been waiting to see a product line like this for years! they are like Phidgets, only geared for the less technical crowd that need a more simplified GUI.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    These are making the rounds pretty quick! I've already sent an email over to them. I think they are a great fit for our catalog.
    They are a bit expensive for somebody like me, but I like what they have going on. It looks like there could be some market for add-on modules too..

Unfortunately, we have to tell a lot of people calling in that don't know programming that they can't use a lot of the modular items that we sell. Bug labs looks like a nice happy medium that could be an answer for such people.
    I want to see what is inside the shiny white bug boxes, computer and modules.

I've been waiting to see a product line like this for years! they are like Phidgets, only geared for the less technical crowd that need a more simplified GUI.
    Oh, I think the bugs could be interesting for us more technical folks too. Hmmmm, bug disection..

8-Dale
    I can handle complexity. It's the simple things that confound me.
    Do everything in moderation, ESPECIALLY, moderation..
    Sometimes the only way to win, is not to play.. -- Stephen Falken

Images

I did talk to them and they won't be ready for resellers for awhile. That's okay, I want to see what the market does anyhow. There are many high buzz products that just don't catch on for what ever reason. I like them, but the question really is, how many people fall into that thin slice between professional hobbyist and non technical tinkering fellow. Especially at those prices...

Thread Information