Trossen Force Sensor  Top Banner
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: wifi robot with fully auto paintball turret

1. Exclamation wifi robot with fully auto paintball turret

hello all, just wanted to really quick explain my setup and what im trying to do then i can get into details later

i have built this robot thats can be controlled via ad-hoc or over the internet WI-Fi, from a laptop, PSP, PDA, Wiimote, things like that. the robot has fully on board windows XP with supporting hardware. im using the Roboteq AX2550 brushed DC motor controller.

now for the paintball part, im using a Sypder E99, which is half electric and half mechanical. i have already made the gun where i can fire it over the internet via a relay board, but thats just for now. i want to put the marker on top of the robot and make a paintball turret. i been looking and reading around for a few days now. i want to use the

4-Servo Phidget USB Servo Controller
    with 2 of these servos off Ebay

i was wondering if the Phidget board will be able to handle those servos?

a neat note to add im hooking the Phidget board up to image processing software called RoboRealm everyone should check it out its very neat!!

Project log found at Bit-tech.net Semi-teQ

im open to any ideas question or concerns, thanks in advanced!

Images

Re: wifi robot with fully auto paintball turret

Hey seesoe!

The Phidget 4-motor USB Servo Controller should be able to handle those just fine. We've used the HS-5645 which has 168 oz-in. @ 6V stall torque and the Futaba S9350's have 139 oz-in @ 6V stall torque. The important thing to remember is to be careful with port #0 on the servo controller. That one is powered directly via USB, whereas the other three ports get their power via the power supply.

Neat project seesoe!

Stick around and keep us all updated with your project

�In the long history of humankind (and animal kind, too) those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed�
    - Charles Darwin

3. Re: wifi robot with fully auto paintball turret

im really looking forward to working with the Phidget board, im placing an order for the board tonight

i sure will stick around these forums are interesting

im trying to figure out a way to make a servo into a relay so i can fire the marker via relay form, im not sure if i can just get a servo extension cable and splice from there.

4. Trossen Hexapod  Thread Banner
    Images

Have you taken a look at any of the radio (PWM) switches?

http://www.trossenrobotics.com/relay...-controls.aspx

Basically, you give it a certain PWM signal and bam! it switches

�In the long history of humankind (and animal kind, too) those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed�
    - Charles Darwin

6. Re: wifi robot with fully auto paintball turret

i actually opened that tab like 20min ago and never got around to browsing it lol

i just did now and thats exactly what im looking for, though its a bit pricey but i guess it needs to be bought to get the system working nicely, thanks for the link!

7. Re: wifi robot with fully auto paintball turret

i could probably run the RC-100X off servo port #0, no?

Images

Shouldn't have any problem using the RC-100X on port 0

- Charles Darwin

9. Re: wifi robot with fully auto paintball turret

ok cool great, perfect then, thank you, i just placed my order for all my stuff, can't wait to starting working with them, exited to hook it up to RoboRealm software.

Images

exited to hook it up to RoboRealm software.
    I'm excited to hear about it! We'd love for you to create your own blog here in the TR Community and document it!

- Charles Darwin

Images

Cool project idea!

I'm currently working with pan/tilt tracking using roborealm on my own project, so if you have any questions about it, by all means let me know. It can be a bit tricky to get dialed in at first.
    Andrew Alter
    Trossen Robotics
    Join the Robotic Combat Revolution @ Mech Warfare!

Thread Information