Thread: How would I?

Question How would I?

How would I go about using a webcam as a motion detector? More specifically, how would I get a Microsoft NX 6000 to be used as a motion detector? Also, how would I get the video that the camera is taking to go up onto a windows form? I know that I am basically asking for a script that will do it for me, but I hope to learn from it. Oh, and I am using C# 2005 Ed.

So, if you know of any good tutorials, or have a script that you are willing to share, then could you please lead me in the right direction?

Images

Re: How would I?

Roborealm can do this, however I'm not sure on using C# in it, I haven't looked into that yet. You can however script with VBScript inside Roborealm quite easily.

Images

We were working with Bren Worth a while back who was working on some really nice .NET based motion tracking software called iTrack:

http://vistek.biz/index.aspx

I'll see if I can get ahold of him to give some more info

�In the long history of humankind (and animal kind, too) those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed�
    - Charles Darwin

4. Re: How would I?

I've found some really good articles on the CodeProject here:

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/audio-...eo%20-%20Video

The guy Andrew Kirillov does a really good job of explaining things and his sample are definitely reusable. Below is an article on motion detection though the above includes a list of many other samples for your use. You will need to register for the codeproject but it's free and I've never received spam from them.

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/audio-...Detection.aspx

I've taken a bit of a break from my work because of a family matter, but I'll take up the torch hopefully in the next month or so.

Images

Hey bren, welcome!

It's great to have you in the TR Community

Just a side note to everyone reading this thread, CodeProject is an excellent resource for programming examples. That's where I gained a ton of knowledge in all sorts of areas in programming!

�In the long history of humankind (and animal kind, too) those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed�
    - Charles Darwin

Thread Information