Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Phoenix, a multilegged creature

Images

Re: Phoenix, a multilegged creature

Exactly Zenta, If it's one thing I have learned in robotics you always seem to underestimate the servos and what load they can take with ease without destroying them, Not that I have destroyed any as they can be expensive. But get the best you can with your budget even if it stretches you a bit.
    People yearn after this robotic dream, but you can't strip your life of all meaning, emotion and feeling and expect to function.

Images

Hi Tyberius!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyberius View Post
    FYI- Trossen Robotics now carries the Phoenix Comprehensive Kit that contains everything needed to build your very own Wireless PS2 controlled Phoenix walker!

Congratulations with your new stock kit! I was wondering why the number of hits per day on youtube increased about 15x. But I think I’ve found the reason

Thanks for the credit on the trossen robotics website! But as far as I know, I’m from the Netherlands though

Xan

3. Re: Phoenix, a multilegged creature

You said you could send me the schematics for your project, I would be so giddy if you were to, I would love to make something as sophisticated as this. If possible, could you PM me the blueprints for the parts? Or make it freely available to everyone?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by No0bert View Post
    You said you could send me the schematics for your project, I would be so giddy if you were to, I would love to make something as sophisticated as this. If possible, could you PM me the blueprints for the parts? Or make it freely available to everyone?
    Hi,

I just uploaded my original hand drawings of my Phoenix's body and tibia part. You'll find it in the Data Center section under CAD files. Yeah I know its not a CAD file, LOL. I'm pretty lowtech when it comes to drawings.

-Zenta

5. Hi,

I have just registered here. I am stunned with Zenta's design. I've also seen the hexapod on the Mico Magic Systems site and I just love Phoenix and the way she behaves. Awsome job.
    I have a book about robotics introduction, so I will have to open it again because I want to build this one (don't have that extra $1k to buy the kit :-( )
    Guess that I will have hard time getting those parts done....

I'll stay tuned to this forum

Just found out that Micro Magic does the MSR-H01 Hexapod Robot Kit. Will that be a good start to make a replica of Phoenix?

One more thing, is Phoenix and the product from Micro Magic roughly the same size?
    Last edited by CyPrD; 12-14-2008 at 03:37 AM. Reason: merged three back-to-back posts together.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by CyPrD View Post
    One more thing, is Phoenix and the product from Micro Magic roughly the same size?
    Hi,
    thanks for your credit in your previous post!

When I began with hexapods my second hexapod was inspired by Matt Dentons work (Micromagicsystems), especially the coxa design. You can see some equality from his v4b hexapod.

Lynxmotion contacted me and asked if they could make a Phoenix hexapod kit based upon my original Phoenix design.

I believe Phoenix and MSR-H01 are not far from eachother in size. But they do look very different and one major difference is the tibia length. Both with their con and pros. I'll not go into that discussion

7. Re: Phoenix, a multilegged creature

Zenta,

one more thing, I didn't read the specs for electronics in both kits, but do they allow you to connect other input devices? Like preasure sensors, more than one distance measuring device, light sensitive sensors etc. and do some programming with their signals?
    Thanks

-= Edit =-
    I can't wait to put my hands on one of those kits and start playing around :-)
    Last edited by CyPrD; 12-14-2008 at 11:02 AM.

Images

The Comprehensive Phoenix Kit that we carry comes with a Basic Atom Pro and a Bot Board II, which has digital and analog I/O.

The Micromagic Hexapod Kits that we sell only include the HexEngine, which is essentially a gait generator. You would have to add a microcontroller to this bot to gain I/O capability.

9. Unhappy Re: Phoenix, a multilegged creature

Quote Originally Posted by Tyberius View Post
    The Comprehensive Phoenix Kit that we carry comes with a Basic Atom Pro and a Bot Board II, which has digital and analog I/O.

The Micromagic Hexapod Kits that we sell only include the HexEngine, which is essentially a gait generator. You would have to add a microcontroller to this bot to gain I/O capability.
    Hi,

I will most likely buy the logic that is in Phoenix Kit and build the chasis myself. My intensions are to add some autonomous behaveiour to the robot.
    I am just confused with the gait process, I mean, the Micromagic has a hexengine with all the needed stuff and you have the stamp that does the logic and executes the prgoram.
    If I have basic atom, where is the gait sequence stored? In the Basic Atom? How much space does it actually take?
    Thanks and sorry for stupid questions (if they are)

J.

10. Re: Phoenix, a multilegged creature

So whats actually happening when it's in balance mode? Are there gyros trying to keep the body still? Or is it trying to keep the weight distribution among all the legs on the ground even? Or something else? It looks very cool, but I am not very clear as to what is actually happening.

Thread Information