Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Phoenix, a multilegged creature

Re: Phoenix, a multilegged creature

Its innovations like this that make this 'hobby' so exciting.

I am encouraged beyond measure to find a person working on a GUI that is so robst yet simple at the same time.

I'd like to see a setup like that done for a Biped. Can your GUI be tweaked for one? This is looking closer and closer to the kind of interface animators use to create 3D animations. The IK/revIK based upon skeletal joints.

Beautiful.

^_^
    MYKREATION:
    http://forums.trossenrobotics.com/sh...=6217#post6217

Somnium est ubi nos ipsi primas agimus partes.

Images

HI!

Thank you all for your nice comments! It means alot for me.
    My wife wasn't impressed at all . She simply said: "I supose she only do what you tell her to do?" .... Ehhh it's not that simple I tried to explain, but OK you are correct, I said.
    ---
    Alex: Yes I said I got an idea from PosterBot's thread, but I wasn't that fast LOL. I began working with this idea last weekend.

The code for generating a letter is actually quite simple. And it's pretty easy to use. You only define the start position of the "pen leg". Then enter the letter you want to write (in the Write Sequences section) and then hit a button called "Generate letter". Here is a screenshoot of the main sheet of PEP ver 1.05:

In this example I entered the letter "R" in the comment field. Click the generate button and PEP starts to calculate all 20 steps it takes to make a "R". It takes about 320 steps to write "Hi Trossen Robotics!" I'm not finished with implementing all letters in the alphabet yet. But I'll release the PEP ver 1.05 when its done. (If someone would be interested).

Images

Quote Originally Posted by MYKL View Post
    Its innovations like this that make this 'hobby' so exciting.

I am encouraged beyond measure to find a person working on a GUI that is so robst yet simple at the same time.

I'd like to see a setup like that done for a Biped. Can your GUI be tweaked for one? This is looking closer and closer to the kind of interface animators use to create 3D animations. The IK/revIK based upon skeletal joints.

Beautiful.

^_^
    Hi MYKL!

Thanks, I've been thinking about bipeds for a while and I think it might be possible to create a "PEP" sheet for a biped too. Doing IK calculations on more than 3 DOF is much harder, maybe a matrix setup or just doing 3DOF IK calculations combined with FK (forward kinematics) might be a solution. What I mean about the IK/FK combination? If you have a 4DOF leg you first do a FK on one joint and then do a 3DOF IK calculation based upon this. My math skills are limited so I think I've to study that part much more. LOL

Images

That's pretty funny about the wife. Nothing like having dozens of hours dismissed with, "Yeah, but will it help clean the house?"

Zenta, have you had a chance to look at the concepts of the TRS yet? What you have going here is the basis for what we call the Algorithm Library. Lately we have been discussing converting the project into an open source one. We may post it up on site or over at google code or sourceforge and let the community start finishing it as a group effort. Who ever tackles the Algorithm Library should really interface with you on all this incredible work you've done. Like MYKL just mentioned, these same algorithms you have been working on can be converted for use by others with other robot formats.

I think maybe we should see if Chuck would want to help convert these into blackbox functions in .NET or Java? I'm soooooo tired of only multimillion dollar industrial robotics companies having access to advanced inverse kinematic functions. There should be some free functions out there in various languages that anyone can grab and use. Everyone keeps reinventing this wheel.

Images

Hi Matt,
    I've not studied the TRS part yet, but it looks VERY interesting. I'll try to look into it soon and give you a better answer. Right now I can't see how my Excel sheet can be used, but I think I got the picture of it.

Images

cool, let me know what you think.

The excel sheet itself wouldn't be used. The math inside it is where the value is. That can be used to create the same functionality in other languages.

Images

Quick Question...How much weight can this platform carry? Only reason why I'm asking is because it would be really cool to mount a laser ranger finder on top so that the computer could map pathways for it to follow. I know...I'm not supposed to play with other peoples toys.

It is super sweet though.

Che

Images

Only reason why I'm asking is because it would be really cool to mount a laser ranger finder on top so that the computer could map pathways for it to follow.
    That'd be awesome! I'd love to see this creepy crawly navigating on it's own all throughout a house.

Too bad laser range finders cost 2k or more though

�In the long history of humankind (and animal kind, too) those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed�
    - Charles Darwin

Images

Lynxmotion Phoenix kit

Hi!

I just want to mention that Lynxmotion are going to offer Phoenix as a hexapod kit.
    Here is a picture of the Lynxmotion version:

If you want more information about the LM Phoenix kit, visit this thread.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by darkback2 View Post
    Quick Question...How much weight can this platform carry? Only reason why I'm asking is because it would be really cool to mount a laser ranger finder on top so that the computer could map pathways for it to follow. I know...I'm not supposed to play with other peoples toys.

It is super sweet though.

Che
    Hi,

The payload capacity depends a bit on wich type of gait method you want to use. The tripod gait is the most demanding since only one leg is holding the body one the one side.

But believe it or not: I did a payload test right now. And Phoenix was able to tripod walk with a payload of 2,5 kg! So a payload of 1 kg was no problem at all. Total weight of my Phoenix is 1,8 kg.

Thread Information