Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Phoenix, a multilegged creature

Images

Re: Phoenix, a multilegged creature

Ok...another idea would be a number of wireless cameras and vision software. Also you could mount pressure sensors on the bottom of each foot. That way phoenix could know if a foot is on the ground or not. laser range finders just look cooler.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by darkback2 View Post
    Ok...another idea would be a number of wireless cameras and vision software. Also you could mount pressure sensors on the bottom of each foot. That way phoenix could know if a foot is on the ground or not. laser range finders just look cooler.
    Yes, that sounds more useful

I think the battery began to worn out but I managed to get a video of her while rotating ripple walk with 2,5 kg on her back. But I would say that a payload of maximum 1,5 kg would be more realistic.

Zenta, you're a genius for the imagination you demonstrated in Phoenix's behaviors.

I love the idea of your Oxyopus project. I would love to work on a 24 DoF bot. In the past, I've felt that six legs weren't enough to do what I want to do. With an 8 legged bot, you could do cool things like use 6 legs for walking, and 2 legs to manipulate the environment in interesting ways (like playing with a box or carrying something). If you get a chance, could you post the joint information for Oxyopus?

Images

Hi Knifedge!

Thanks for your comments!
    I didn't plan to reveal any details about Oxyopus, but since you are mention her too I've got a little video of her while doing some walking on six legs. It's just a smal demonstration for now...

Quote Originally Posted by Zenta View Post
    Hi MYKL!

Thanks, I've been thinking about bipeds for a while and I think it might be possible to create a "PEP" sheet for a biped too. Doing IK calculations on more than 3 DOF is much harder, maybe a matrix setup or just doing 3DOF IK calculations combined with FK (forward kinematics) might be a solution. What I mean about the IK/FK combination? If you have a 4DOF leg you first do a FK on one joint and then do a 3DOF IK calculation based upon this. My math skills are limited so I think I've to study that part much more. LOL
    I wants that! Yesssss.... It would be my new preciousss.... Mmmm....

So it would be very much like animating in 3D with the IK/FK and the bones and the constraints and the oh my gawd?

Yessss...

^_^
    Last edited by MYKL; 02-19-2008 at 02:30 PM.
    MYKREATION:
    http://forums.trossenrobotics.com/sh...=6217#post6217

Somnium est ubi nos ipsi primas agimus partes.

Thumbs up Re: Phoenix, a multilegged creature

That's an excellent teaser for Oxyopus. I'll let you surprise us with more on Oxyopus next month.

For now, just watching the Phoenix videos again, I'm struck by how much more elegant Phoenix looks compared to other hexabots (including the one I have next to me). Her long legged design allows a greater range of motion. By using the box, you've shown how she could easily rise above an obstacle. Also, her rocking behavior could be used to get different perspectives needed to classify or 3D map an object when using visual software. Again, great work!

Images

Phoenix has got the flu... ;)

Hi,

To day wasn't my luck day... I had some spare time and I wanted to make some new sequences for my Phoenix while she was playing with the box. So far so good, but suddenly my computer broke down and I had to reinstal OS and everything. After several ours we was up and running again. But after a few minutes Phoenix began to struggle and she could barely stand on her feets (read legs...). I was wondering; are you sick? are you drunk or something?

I thought it was a bit funny to see her struggle with low on battery. LOL

Images

Looks like someone got into the liquor cabinet

Images

Wow! That was actually pretty life-like. Low energy definitely affects fleshies strangely.

�In the long history of humankind (and animal kind, too) those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed�
    - Charles Darwin

Zenta,

The life like movement is insane with your bot! It is so fluid like you forget that its using servo motors! It moves like it has muscles.

Thread Information