Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 124

Thread: Phoenix, a multilegged creature

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    OMNIPRĘSENS
    Posts
    166
    Rep Power
    46

    Re: Phoenix, a multilegged creature

    You can't be using LiPos on that then.

    Right?

    My 'bot just passes out when he can no longer weeze the juice.

    ^_^
    Last edited by MYKL; 02-26-2008 at 05:43 PM.
    MYKREATION:
    http://forums.trossenrobotics.com/sh...=6217#post6217

    Somnium est ubi nos ipsi primas agimus partes.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Norway, Stavanger
    Posts
    790
    Images
    276
    Rep Power
    85

    Re: Phoenix, a multilegged creature

    Quote Originally Posted by MYKL View Post
    You can't be using LiPos on that then.

    Right?

    My 'bot just passes out when he can not longer weeze the juice.

    ^_^
    Hi,

    For the time I'm using Ni-MH 2700 mAh 6v. But I'm actually waiting for two smaller BEC's 8-15 Ah, because I'll try to use LiPo's for Phoenix too.

    Do you use separate battery for the electronics? I use a 9v battery for the SSC32 controller, I think that's the reason for why she act so funny when going low on servo-juice . The servos get very low power but the electronics get stable power.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    OMNIPRĘSENS
    Posts
    166
    Rep Power
    46

    Re: Phoenix, a multilegged creature

    With six to eight legs to tote around whateveryouwill that is a very wise thing to do. Most valued R/C vehicles have the same kind of setup. Your machine is state of the art my friend. Only IMHO because you are one intelligent and enterprising fella.
    MYKREATION:
    http://forums.trossenrobotics.com/sh...=6217#post6217

    Somnium est ubi nos ipsi primas agimus partes.

  4. Cool Re: Phoenix and Oxyopus, two multi-legged creatures.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenta View Post
    Hi Matt!
    Thanks! The major difference between Phoenix and hexapod v4b is that v4b has on board CPU doing all the math in real time. While Phoenix is more like a marionette with all math precalculated. My goal is to have both. The advantage of using precalculated moves (done with PEP) is that you can make very creative moves, not only walking. A combination would be awesome!
    Hi Zenta,

    I disagree with your theory of precalculated moves being more creative? With my real time engine, you can walk in any direction, and rotate and translate the body in any direction in real time. If needed it would also be possible to record this and play the moves back.. so there are no limitations.

    This video show my V4b hexapod walking, and then stopping before doing some body rotate. The only reason it does not rotate the body while on the move, is due to the way I configured the control system for this video. I only had one joystick, and so I used a joystick button to switch between walking and body rotate/translate.



    Matt
    www.micromagicsystems.com

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Norway, Stavanger
    Posts
    790
    Images
    276
    Rep Power
    85

    Re: Phoenix and Oxyopus, two multi-legged creatures.

    Quote Originally Posted by mdenton View Post
    Hi Zenta,

    I disagree with your theory of precalculated moves being more creative? With my real time engine, you can walk in any direction, and rotate and translate the body in any direction in real time. If needed it would also be possible to record this and play the moves back.. so there are no limitations.

    This video show my V4b hexapod walking, and then stopping before doing some body rotate. The only reason it does not rotate the body while on the move, is due to the way I configured the control system for this video. I only had one joystick, and so I used a joystick button to switch between walking and body rotate/translate.

    Matt
    www.micromagicsystems.com
    Hi Matt

    What I mean by creative moves is like this one:


    Or like this one:


    OK?

  6. #46

    Re: Phoenix, a multilegged creature

    OMG! I did not know Phoenix actually wrote that, I thought you pre wrote it and then took the picture. Impressive!

  7. #47

    Re: Phoenix, a multilegged creature

    Have you ever thought of putting a body on it?

    I bet you could scare the heck out of people with a spider that size.

    Like the Pleo from UGOBE.

    I rather have a freaky looking spider than some green thing.

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Weedsport NY
    Posts
    502
    Images
    9
    Rep Power
    60

    Re: Phoenix, a multilegged creature

    Terrific job! This is what robotics is all about.

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Norway, Stavanger
    Posts
    790
    Images
    276
    Rep Power
    85

    Re: Phoenix, a multilegged creature

    Quote Originally Posted by jdolecki View Post
    Have you ever thought of putting a body on it?

    I bet you could scare the heck out of people with a spider that size.

    Like the Pleo from UGOBE.

    I rather have a freaky looking spider than some green thing.
    Hi!

    No, I have not considered that, but it would be cool!
    I know Matt Denton has done that with one of his hexapods. It looked like a six legged turtle, I think.

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Norway, Stavanger
    Posts
    790
    Images
    276
    Rep Power
    85

    Re: Phoenix, a multilegged creature

    Quote Originally Posted by Droid Works View Post
    Terrific job! This is what robotics is all about.
    Thanks!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •