Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New parallax bot

New parallax bot

Images

Re: New parallax bot

I don't really see what justifies the 5k price tag...

Images

I don't really see what justifies the 5k price tag
    First production run is my main guess. Manufacturing costs are really high when you don't order high quantities. They said they only have 5 right now, but 45 on the way. Reading through the thread it seems that these little guys are packed full of features though. They mention that it's programmable and has encoders and some autonomous control features, so that'll jack up the price too. I'm guessing that it comes assembled too.

Still, these are really damn cool imo! They look like mini dune buggies

�In the long history of humankind (and animal kind, too) those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed�
    - Charles Darwin

4. Re: New parallax bot

Wow, it looks beautiful. Based on the mechanics and custom machining involved, I can understand the price tag. However, there's no room to bolt on any machine guns, so I wouldn't drop $5k on it. It would make a good rugged recon vehicle, though.
    New to the TR Community? Feel free to introduce yourself and show off your projects!

Images

However, there's no room to bolt on any machine guns, so I wouldn't drop $5k on it.
    Come on Dave, what about Mad Max style side mounted machine guns

�In the long history of humankind (and animal kind, too) those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed�
    - Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Come on Dave, what about Mad Max style side mounted machine guns
    Tell Matt that it's for a video that you want to do for Trossen Robotics... Maybe he'll will buy you one both the robot and gun : ).
    Dell Studio XPS Desktop, Windows Vista, 12 GB RAM, 2x 500 GB SATA RAID0 HDD, Intel i7 2.66Ghz Quad Core (4 cores, 8 virtual cores). The power that's needed... plus some!

RIBO Labs, Springing Robotic Development to a New Level

Images

I guess that depends upon who he is planning to shoot

Images

Hey man, you're the one who shoots flying monkeys at my head They are stuffed though so I guess it's not fair for me.

Hey, we can mount some nerf turret side mounted guns! That'll even up the playing field a bit.

- Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Hey man, you're the one who shoots flying monkeys at my head They are stuffed though so I guess it's not fair for me.

Hey, we can mount some nerf turret side mounted guns! That'll even up the playing field a bit.
    Babababababa brrrunnnn bububu ba bru bn bn bububununbababi brbr

It might be best to fight with this thing outside. "WHAT IS THAT SOUND!!!! AND WHY DOES IT SMELL LIKE A CAR IS RUNNING IN HERE!!!!!!"

If you send me more yoyo squids and robot parts, I could join in on the fight...

LOL

Cheers,
    --Scotty
    Dell Studio XPS Desktop, Windows Vista, 12 GB RAM, 2x 500 GB SATA RAID0 HDD, Intel i7 2.66Ghz Quad Core (4 cores, 8 virtual cores). The power that's needed... plus some!

Oh yeah, I forgot, make sure to use a good web Proxy.

Thread Information