Thread: Productivity Enhancer: RoboForge!

1. Productivity Enhancer: RoboForge!

It's a game I played for a while on and off, and I'll be getting back into it (had to stop last year for various reasons, like my motherboard bursting into flame and so on.)

RoboForge is a java based robot battle simulation game. You create bots from a premade array of parts (controllers, joints, power sources, weapons, and sensors.)

You create the bots actions by manipulating the joints and creating animations of the intended movement. Very simple moves interface.

You program the bots actions using a simple drag and drop scripting interface, and can also directly add text formulas for advanced behaviors.

It's also open sourced, so if you want, you can create custom bot models and packs (which I may finally get around to doing.) I'm not sure how active it is, but if you post on the forums, there's a thread for challenges, and people usually respond fairly quickly.

It's a little dated, but is very fun and easy to get into... check it out, at http://www.roboforge.com.

2. Re: Productivity Enhancer: RoboForge!

Oh man. When I stop eating, bathing, and leaving my house because of this game, it will be all your fault.
    New to the TR Community? Feel free to introduce yourself and show off your projects!

Thread Information