Thread: A few questions about the KHR-1HV

Images

Question A few questions about the KHR-1HV

Hello, was wondering if you 1HV owners can answer these questions:

1) Are the servo brackets made of plastic?

2) Are there any 1HV kits sold without the packaged servo? In case I would like to buy this kit with more powerful servos up front rather then replace the default ones without ever using them?

3) I've read that 1HV shipped with an older firmware on the robot controller board (v 1.03), are the kits on robosavvy now shipping with the latest firmware? If not, can the firmware be upgraded over the internet, i.e. download, etc...?

Images

Re: A few questions about the KHR-1HV

yep, the brackets are made out of plastic, but not all of them. I believe the brackets mounting to the hip are metal. The 1HV is only sold with the servos, sorry

I'm not sure about the kits on robosavvy's site, but we have a new batch of 1HV's on the way so we can check them out for ya when they come in In the meantime though, would any of our current 1HV owners be able to answer Tom's question?

�In the long history of humankind (and animal kind, too) those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed�
    - Charles Darwin

3. Re: A few questions about the KHR-1HV

Just to clarify: Version 1.03 is the newest firmware version. I am 95% certain that this is the version that the 1HV's ship with. I'll have to check when we get the new shipment in.
    New to the TR Community? Feel free to introduce yourself and show off your projects!

Images

Thanks guys, I appreciate your responses

Are the brackets pretty beefy? How does the bioloid brackets compare?

Images

The Kondo brackets are definitely durable, but each servo bracket is three separate pieces that need to be fitted and bolted together. I'm not sure if this design would be more or less durable than the bioloid brackets.

The Kondo brackets and Bioloid brackets seem to be made out of different types of plastic, but I can't find any solid info. Maybe someone else here can shed some light on this.

�In the long history of humankind (and animal kind, too) those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed�
    - Charles Darwin

6. Re: A few questions about the KHR-1HV

I'd say the plastic Kondo brackets aren't quite as tough as the Bioloid brackets. It's possible to break one if your robot takes an unusually rough fall. We do sell replacement brackets, just in case this happens.

http://www.trossenrobotics.com/store...-Arm-700A.aspx
    New to the TR Community? Feel free to introduce yourself and show off your projects!

Thread Information