Trossen Dynamixel High Thread Banner
Page 75 of 91 FirstFirst ... 25506571727374757677787985 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself!

1. Re: Introduce yourself!

Hi I am DJ, i recently graduated with a degree in electrical engineering. I currently work at Rolling Robots and we are putting together a team for the robogames this year. I hope I can help and be helped with questions about the mechwarfare robot.

I live in socal, I play video games but im not exactly a gamer, same for sports actually, I play sports but I am not an athelete. Got into toying around with robots when I was 14 and got a Mindstorms set. Have been tinkering around with electronics since then.

2. Re: Introduce yourself!

Hi my name is Tong and I come from Hong Kong. I recently finished my computer science degree. I don't have much knowledge in robotics but this is always my interest!

It is great that I found that this forum and see u guys showcasing your works! Nice to meet you all!

Re: Introduce yourself!

Hi, my name is Michael and I'm a robotics addict. I'm currently working on revision 2 of Data Bus, my mini autonomous ground vehicle, for the Sparkfun AVC. It's a 1/10th scale RC stadium truck with mbed MCU that handles sensor updates from the Pololu MinIMU9, wheel encoders, Venus638FLPX GPS, etc.

This is easily the most ridiculously difficult technical thing I've ever done and involves more math than I've used in 15 years -- back in my computer engineering school days. Wildly fun though, too. And all the prep work of thinking through the math, modeling and simulation in Octave are paying off so far. Hoping to release the robot on its own for a trail run next weekend.

Been interested in robotics since college, ~91 timeframe... but it was pretty out of reach except for the really hardcore. Things are different. I dove in bigtime in 2007 building a robotic firefighter for a local Trinity-style autonomous firefighting competition. That went poorly but I learned a lot, much like my 2011 AVC attempt went poorly but I learned and later equipped the robot with a DIY $30 vision system for detecting the candle. I've done a beam robot, and a bunch of electronics projects in the last 5 years. It's been awesome. So much to learn.

Lots more projects waiting in the wings, everything from other robots to vintage audio repair. Looking forward to learning more here and such.

4. Re: Introduce yourself!

Hi everyone,

My name is Matt, I'm from Chicago. I found this site while looking for some info on delta robots. In truth I only signed up because I wanted to see the pictures on mzavatsky's tutorial, but the community on this site looks pretty lively and fun, so I think I'll stay a while. I'm currently in school about to get my degree in bioengineering, and work at the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago doing some software development; both of which I like to ignore completely in favor of hobby robotics and random programming projects. I'm hoping to put together a delta bot some time in the next few weeks (or months because... life), then see if I can't make a halfway decent 3d printer out of it.

TL;DR: Big nerd. This site looks fun. 3D printers.

5. Wink Re: Introduce yourself!

Hi guys,

I am George, a university student on my final year and i just started working on arduinos and xbee modules. Lets see how much fan we can have with those little things.

6. Re: Introduce yourself!

like swimming shopping reading and so on thanks!

Images

Hi, my name is Mike, and I'd like to do some robotics hobbying!
    I live in Cincinnati OH, where I am graduate student in immunobiology. I'm fascinated by infectious disease and the microscopic battle that goes on with immune cells (focus is on Histoplasma). However I also get an itch for mechanics and electronics, and I'd like to scratch it in the near future, probably with one of the bioloid kits. I've done a bit of programming in the past (C++) and some minor electronics repair, RC, etc...but I'm new to robotics! The community here looks very active and I'll probably send out questions if I run into trouble

Other interests: piano, beer brewing, running, scifi/fantasy, SCUBA

8. Re: Introduce yourself!

Hi Mike, could please let me know whether u worked on Immuno Cap 250. Thanks.. need some help on that Machine...

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tek View Post
    Hi Mike, could please let me know whether u worked on Immuno Cap 250. Thanks.. need some help on that Machine...
    Hi Tek,
    Sorry, i haven't worked with any of the Immuno Cap machines...my research is on the "basic science" side of things, so my technical experience is with RT-PCR machines, flow cytometry, etc. rather than the clinical diagnosis stuff like immuno cap...
    Good luck!

10. Introduce yourself!

Hi Everyone,

My name is adnane and I am 30 years old. I am computer programmer(software engineer) I am from Morocco. Programming has always been part of my life, I like C#, ASP.NET, MVC, SQL Server, WinForm,... . Robots have always interested me. I currently interested in building my first robot using dotNet platform, but I am new in this robotic world, so i need really your helps. Great thank for all member how made this forums.

Thread Information