Page 109 of 110 FirstFirst ... 934598499105106107108109110 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1099

Thread: Introduce yourself!

1. Re: Introduce yourself!

hello, my name is boĊĦtjan. i am a media artist. i came here because of the delta robot tutorial. i am working on a MIDI controller based on it. you can see what i do at bostjancadez.art. its currently only in slovene but will be translated soon (there are images though).

2. Re: Introduce yourself!

Hi. I'm Geoff, known on the internet as sdfgeoff. My hobbies over the past years have included programming computer games and building robots.
    My robotics projects in the past have ranged from a robot that fits in a 5cm cube, to a 1-meter cubic behemoth that weighed upwards of 150kg and toted a 9kg gas cylinder and bird-scaring gas-gun. It was also effective at scaring people, and was robust enough to ride.
    I often write mini 'computer games' to simulate the robot. Having a simulation environment really helps make debugging easier and less costly.

Anyway, I'm joining this forum because I have started planning a mech-warfare bot, and need your guys advice....

3. Re: Introduce yourself!

Hello folks.

I'm Charlie and I'm a magician from Sweden working a lot with technology and have a huge interest in robotics.

https://youtu.be/nG5_M44-Uic

I have worked a lot with dynamixels and feel I really understand them so hopefully I'll be able to contribute on things relating to that. My understanding of electronics comes from just playing with it for a couple of years so it is very lacking, but I have a background as a games programmer from the turn of the millenn

I am currently working on a full evening show about robots and AI premiering in about 5 weeks so currently I'm running around like a mad person working 12 hour days. Here is a little teaser shot quickly in my workshop.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SRkNP5XJIY

4. Re: Introduce yourself!

My name is David and I am a mechanical engineer from USA

5. Re: Introduce yourself!

Hey everyone,

my name is Michael and I am from Germany. I am working for an engineering office for automation in the production area. We are doing a lot of retro-fit but also robotics. The last project was to built an off-the-shelf robot and its control.
    In my research, I found this forum. The threat about transformation in this forum was very usefull (thanks very much).
    I hope I can give back some help.
    Have a great day

6. Re: Introduce yourself!

Hi everyone!

My name is Deezal and I am so excited to be on this forum! I am an aspiring electrical and electronics engineer

7. Re: Introduce yourself!

Thanks for adding me to this prestigious group. My good name A.Xavier reni prasad. I am doing my ME mechatronics in MADRAS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY,CHENNAI,INDIA. Pursuing my project in delta robot design. this site is very useful in my work progress. this is eye opening for me.

8. Re: Introduce yourself!

Hey guys.

Name's Rob, and I know absolutely nothing about robotics! About the only background I have in electronics is a few years experience in repairing games consoles, during which time (thanks to one of the main problems the PS3 console had with its GPU) I learned to reball chips.

I've been looking to build an idea I've had in my head for a long time now, but was stopped by the lack of knowledge I have. Decided to finally put it into motion and seek out help online, so I'm looking forward to getting involved here

9. Re: Introduce yourself!

Hi everyone, Am Machinist. Am currently building a tribrid (a pcb miller, a 3d printer and laser etching machine combined) ikr. Am building this from e-waste materials. (i believe nothing is waste, and also everything can be reused.). I'll appreciate every

10. Cool Re: Introduce yourself! Dave from California

Hello, My name is Dave Cook, I'm a Mechanical Design engineer from Morgan Hill CA.
    My hobbies include RC helicopters/planes, vehicles. I used to design drones before China took over. I remember being so amazed when I saw the original Phoenix hex project many years ago. I've always loved robotics.
    I'm a super DIY maker guy, designed and built my own 3d printers, CO2 laser cutter, CNC router etc (typical maker stuff right ?)
    I can load Arduino code, change a little of it etc. I have no idea how to code form scratch, Coding just never made any sense to me. I can unserstand a lot of the concepts but the syntax is WHACK ! lol my specialties are 3D modelling and photo rendering, mechanical design, system design.

I have a 12 year old son that is recently interested in robots and just started with a after school robotics club building Lego Mindstorm stuff.

I decided the buy the PhantomX Metal kit from Trossen so that him and I could learn to code together. It's a neat piece of kit, but right away I redesigned and 3d printed new femur and tibia, and relocated the femur actuator to be attached to the Coxa with a similar mount as Matt B, that instantly made everything go wonky lol, so troubleshooting that issue my son and I learned that by doing the modification we mechanically reversed the actuator lol.

So him and I flew threw the code looking for a way to reverse the femur actuators lol. That was fun, we finally found where to make the change by reversing the "-" and adding the "-" to the proper femur range controls. did the Hex Test code and it worked great.
    That totally gave us a motivation boost.

we are interested in dynamic terrain adaptation, smooth gait transition, Lidar, etc.

Basically what the MXPhoenix is now able to do off road and on the stairs. So cool !

For the next step we will integrate the Pixy2 cam and try our Eric Lelly's code. He suggested to me last week that for now, instead of editing the robot code, to modify the commander coder, and use sensors to replicate the commander and have that control the bot until we learn some more concepts. that seems to make sense.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself. This is all really cool stuff and very difficult for me. but it's exciting. I really need to end up learning how to code so I can close the loop on all my DIY projects that I rely on external coding help with lol.

below is a picture of Dark-Matter-SIX DMS

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181120_175416.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	140.9 KB 
ID:	7378Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20181120185635639_COVER (1).jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	114.9 KB 
ID:	7379
    Last edited by SuperDave42; 11-29-2018 at 10:46 PM.
    "I see" said the blind carpenter as he picked up his hammer and saw.

Thread Information