Page 111 of 112 FirstFirst ... 11366186101107108109110111112 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1116

Thread: Introduce yourself!

1. Re: Introduce yourself!

Hey Everyone!

I found this forum because it had some photos of a robot I just picked up at auction. It's a PCBOT 914 by White Box Robotics. I've build a few small robots over the years and I thought it would be fun to restore this one. It was the educator bot at the Canadian Museum of Science and Technology in Ottawa, Canada. Unfortunately there wasn't much documentation, so anyone out there with any knowledge of these robots would be appreciated. I'm mainly looking for the last updated version of the "Brain" GUI software that was licensed many years ago. Any leads would be great, and I'll be sure to post my results.

All the very best,
    Jordan

Images

Re: Introduce yourself!

Please pardon the pedantry... and the profanity... and the convoluted speech pattern...
    "You have failed me, Brain!"
    bleh

Hi,

I'm th3cak3, i come from France and i enjoy making robots and electronics stuff since always !
    I came up here to discover and share !

Hello all,

I just saw the Tested piece on Mech Warfare on YouTube and looked you’ll up.

I am Jay, some years back I was given the handle of Helios by my Sun students and it stuck. I live in southern AZ and work on an integration team as a Systems Engineer. In my free time I fly drones doing mapping stuff. I have been looking for new avenues to learn more tech stuff and this seems right up my ally.

I have tons of RC/FPV gear and raspberry pi’s laying around. Might as well put them to use.

One of the first things I want to dive into is the scoring panels and server.

Thanks again for accepting my request.

Helios-AZ

Helios -- check out the Mech Warfare forum, it has some good threads.

6. Re: Introduce yourself!

Hello,

I'm jeremy, and I also found this forum through the Tested video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvpGmiR5HnA) on Mech Warfare. I have a background in Mechanical Engineering, and I'm looking for software development / robotics work here in Zurich, Switzerland. This forum will be perfect for learning, sharing, etc.

-jeremy

7. Re: Introduce yourself!

Hi Everyone

Im Edwin, and I love to build things. I know a bit of electronics, 3d printing, machines buildings, robotics and programming. I am on a new quest to build a Quadruped robot and I hope I can find some support from you guys in the programming side

I have some experience with arduino but I dont use it enough, so everytime I almost need to start from scratch :P

and tips and pointers towards arduino walking robots tutorials are more than welcomend

Cheers

EZ

8. Re: Introduce yourself!

Hey,

I've also seen the Tested YouTube video on the Mech Warfare at the San Francisco Makers Faire and after a few clicks wand up here. Looking to learn what it takes to get started and seeing if there are any clubs in the NJ area to learn from.

Len

9. Re: Introduce yourself!

Hey Everyone, I do not know if my previous message got lost, so here I go Again

I am Edwin, I have some experience with electronics, robots and 3d printing. I want to get into mech warefare but first I want to build my first quadruped robot. Eventually I want to build a competitive mech but I am not in a hurry

I am right now printing my own design based on the metabot

I still need to catch up with the programing side, I basically need to learn arduino again

cheers

E

10. Re: Introduce yourself!

Hello Everyone,

This is Serdar from Turkey. I finally registered to the forums.

I am a Mechanical Engineer and a father of a fast growing kid with many questions... I decided it was time to learn coding and electronics as well because what I build just wont do anything without me controlling it. And trying to communicate with other that you can not understand is really hard (for both parties)

I have run rc cars for the past 35 years and raced for more than 25 years. I am also an official EFRA (EUROPEAN FEDERATION OF RADIO OPERATED MODEL AUTOMOBILES) time keeper and race director.

I am currently working on couple projects which are;

Line follower Robot (basically something that has wires all over the place. this is helping me learn the code and electronics)
    Mini sumo (same idea as the line follower but different sensors and coding)
    EggBot - (because it is fun - teaching myself to make machines smart and it is fun)
    Quad walker 4DOF - Havent done linear and inverse kinematics for 20 years so it is good to remember what you know. (much more complicated and beyond my capabilities at the moment but as time passes I am sure will handle it)

All Projects are at V1 right now so baby steps. For me turning a dc motor using and arduino was "YEEAAAAAAAHHHHH BABY!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO". Oh and it was turning the wrong direction

Cheers to all

Best regards

Serdar aka JudgeKronos
    Last edited by KevinO; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:47 PM.

Thread Information