Page 108 of 108 FirstFirst ... 833588398104105106107108
Results 1,071 to 1,079 of 1079

Thread: Introduce yourself!

1. Re: Introduce yourself!

Hi all,

My name is Pedro. I've worked with Robotis systems for many years now and do a significant amount of both embedded programming (for integration into Dynamixel systems) as well as high level programming using their SDK and sometimes custom software.

My intent is to share my knowledge and also learn some more from the members of the community.

Best,
    Pedro

Re: Introduce yourself!

Hi Everyone, My name is Stuart. I have around 25 years working on *nix maintaining large distributed systems.I have been building and flying RC aircraft for 10 years but have been benched for a while due to loosing my legs in a accident. In order to reactivate my idle brain and introduce my sons to robotics and learn more detailed coding along side them I have invested in a phantom X hexapod mark 3 kit with AX-12s. I was also recently gifted a Intel Realsence robotic development kit (r200). My hopes are to start just getting the as yet unnamed hex up and running with phoenix code. Then move to the up board and slowly add autonomy and mapping feeding me back video and two way voice. I have read through many of the threads on this site and hope to make use of some the great work shared by many people on this site. I am sure I will be leaning on the generosity of many for advice and help as the project progresses. So a big thanks for all the great stuff shared in the past without which I would not have been even been able to consider walking down this road.

Hi guys.

My name is Terry. My father, Gary, was a member of this forum up until he passed-away last year (09Jan17). I'm not sure what username he went by, but it might have been gdubb or something along those lines...

I know he spent quite a bit of time on these forums and he enjoyed every minute of it.

While I do have an electromechanical degree (AAS), I don't have nearly the amount of knowledge or experience he had, but I wanted to join the Trossen forum so I could get to know the people who knew him.

Unfortunately, sometime before he died, he dismantled all of his robots. I have bits and pieces of Maggot, Botfly, and Bheka lying around here, but that's all...

I would like to pick up this hobby, but a lot of things have changed since I got my degree and I'm not sure where to start. I've been playing around with Arduino boards but haven't done anything significant with them yet. I'm thinking more along the lines of aerial drones, but I might try to revive the "tank" project he was working on before he got too sick to do anything.

Thanks for giving my dad someplace where he could go and be with like-minded people. It meant a lot to him.
    Last edited by Greyhawk; 01-16-2018 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Corrected Bheka's name

Images

His user name was gdubb2. So sorry to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinO View Post
    His user name was gdubb2. So sorry to hear.
    Thank you.

6. Re: Introduce yourself!

Hi, name is ChrisO. I've been in television and film production for years, live events and music, programming in TouchDesigner and Python and trying to wrestle dynamixels into my repertoire. Intersted in animatronics, stop motion and related effects.
    c.o'd

7. Re: Introduce yourself!

Hi, Richard here. I work in mobile & embedded software, with excursions into robotics with http://rustysquid.org.uk/ and Bristol Maritime Robotics.

Just having my first venture into Dynamixels, starting with a Pincher arm as a testbed.

8. Re: Introduce yourself!

Hey all im John (Darkthoughts82)

Im an IT manager for an aerial drone survey company in the morning, an electronics enthusiast in the afternoon and a lead guitarist in a bluegrass/hellbilly band in the evening.

Its a varied and enjoyable life.

9. Re: Introduce yourself!

Hello

My name is Ross and I am studying to switch careers from mechanical to robotics on the online Udacity Robotics Nanodegree. I have been learning python, c++, electronics, CAD, 3d printing and machining, and recently invested in a mill and lathe. I am putting together a portfolio of work to aid in landing a junior position in the robotics industry, which brings me to this forum I am researching a quadruped robot because it will bring together the skills I have been learning in design, kinematics and localization and mapping.

Just some pics to liven the post up a bit .... lathe moving in:

Mill waiting to be installed:

Last edited by Wireline; 2 Days Ago at 02:40 PM.

Thread Information