Page 2 of 114 FirstFirst 12345612275277102 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself!

Re: Introduce yourself!

Hail friends and well met,

I can be defined as an artest I suppose. I enjoy creating in any medium that my mind and hands can get wrapped around. I am a mechanical designer by trade and am thus able to use some wonderful software to model my projects that become too complicated for just puttering around with. I have a potters wheel. I attend a Ren-Faire annually (thus the war hammer and swords). I enjoy Japanese anime emensely (especially that which includes giant man-machine interfaced robotics/mecha). I am 37 and have been married for 14 years this last November. I am learning Madarin Chinese. I go to the gym 5 days a week (before work). My dream is to build a working Landmate/Patlabor type machine. I have a lot of the details worked out already, its the lack of time and rescources that keeps me from subdueing the wor... Building a friendly armoured suit. For construction and fire fighting. Mmm Hmm.

Mechanically I enjoy robotics. My sculpting and jewelry making have come in good stead for haveing the right tools at the right time. Also I live in/near Los Angeles. If it exists I can find it and use it. There are some few benefits to living within this crowded space.

It is meet to know you all. May our kindred focus bring robotics out of its infancy and into full blown biomimetic anthroporphic life...

*Deepest Bow of Respect*

^_^
    MYKREATION:
    http://forums.trossenrobotics.com/sh...=6217#post6217

Somnium est ubi nos ipsi primas agimus partes.

2. Re: Introduce yourself!

Hello,

I am a worker bee, that has been interested in autonomous robotics all my life. I think that now we are in a time when everthing is there to make it possible but someone to actually do it.

Asbrandsson

Welcome to the asylum, er, website.
    Read, post, learn, interface, repeat as needed.
    Apply to infested area.

Let us know what you're working on!

Images

Hey Guys,
    My name is Che, and I live on Whidbey Island. I am currently teaching biology and robotics which are both great fun. I've been teaching for about 8 ears now, and I am currently trying to get a few of my robots into art galleries in the seattle area.

I build robots and put them in movies.

I also play violin and guitar in a technology based rock band.

OK...nuff said

I think this is a picture of me.

Images

Welcome darkback2!

I also play violin and guitar in a technology based rock band.
    "Technology" based rock band? You definitely sparked my interest. Do you have any recordings online anywhere? Do tell

�In the long history of humankind (and animal kind, too) those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed�
    - Charles Darwin

Hi Everyone,

My name is Patrick and I am 25 years old. I am computer programmer/engineer working for a large consulting firm in Chicago. Not sure that it is my favorite choice of employment but it pays the bills. I hold a master's degree in computer science. Programming has always been part of my life since I was probably 12 years old. So naturally robots have always interested me. I currently interested in building humanoids, but am willing to build anything as long as it seems cool to me. If I am not in front of a computer, then I am usually out playing soccer.

specsix Guest

Hello Everyone,

I have been using phidgets since the old days of phidgetsusa.com. Phidgets have made a lot of things possible for me because it has allowed me to focus more on computer science theory and software engineering. I have a BS in computer science and an MBA. I love robotics, home theater, car audio, and tactical shooting.

I am currently using phidgets on my new Wall-E project. http://www.wall-ealive.com/blog

Hi Guys~ I'm a User Interface Designer and Developer. I create interfaces for both web and Windows. I approached this career from the graphics design vector--or, if you want to go back far enough, 3d modeling and animation, multimedia authoring, and video. I have a MS in Information Design & Technology from GA Tech.

I've taught myself a good bit of VB in the past 3 years, and am starting to pick up C#. We use Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 at work. In an effort to get in touch with my inner geek, I've started playing around with Microsoft's Robotics Development Kit and XNA (xBox-based 3d game development) in my spare time.

I don't own any Trossen Robotics products, which probably puts me a little out of place. I found your feed through Google Reader's recommendations, then followed a link about your latest contest winners. Kudos to Alex on the internet marketing...

I made my first serious attempt at building a robot around eight years ago. I was doing it all from a book (Applied Robotics, I think), buying parts as I went. I managed to build the chassis out of a circuit board, mounting the wheels, motors, and breadboard. I considered that to be an accomplishment at the time. You have to realize it was my first, non-virtual (read: making sh#t in the real world) endeavor. I had never even assembled a model kit at the time.

Alas, I got stuck when I hit the electronics chapter. Apparently, the author assumed everyone knew how to read a schematic. I've tried to learn electronics through various books and kits since, but always get stuck in the lack of "why" explanations. I haven't given up yet, but tend to have an iterative approach, and right now I'm more focused on programming.

This thread was an excellent idea, Tyberius. I can connect with several similarities: Jon Hylands on Artificial Intelligence, Matt on VR, wind27382 on 3d, game dev, and VR, and, of course, everyone on robotics.

I don't really have any good photos of myself. I seem to have been born without the "strike a pose" gene. Here's one of me on something called The Ramp to Salvage-tion at Crash-o-rama:

Images

I don't own any Trossen Robotics products, which probably puts me a little out of place.
    Not at all devilDroid! I'm sure there are quite a few members here that don't own any of our products.

�In the long history of humankind (and animal kind, too) those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed�
    - Charles Darwin

Well met double D...

There are a few of us here that are more mechanically inclined then electrically bent. I like to fool people into thinking I'm an artest. I use 3D design at work and I've dabbled in some of the animation packages but most of my work is hands on. I'd love to see the the GUI for robot programming become as intuitive as the ones for those animation applications. IK and Rev. IK bones systems. To program a construct before actually realizing it physically using the physics engines these programs have would be a real boon IMHO.

Did they 'save' those heathen cars or are they still standing there waiting for the coming of the 'ford'?

Heh...

^_^
    Last edited by MYKL; 02-19-2008 at 10:02 AM.
    MYKREATION:
    http://forums.trossenrobotics.com/sh...=6217#post6217

Somnium est ubi nos ipsi primas agimus partes.

Thread Information