Page 40 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1530363738394041424344506590 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself!

Re: Introduce yourself!

Welcome to the forum!

You can subscribe to threads and have email notification of them. Instant, daily, weekly. Let us know if you need help finding it!
    I Void Warranties�

Adrenalynn,

I sure do need help. I can see how to subscribe to a thread, but what I can't see is how to get notification of new posts via email. My dream of dreams (well what I want for now anyway ) is to be able to access forums of my choice via email.

Let me know how close to nerdvana I can become.

Take care,
    KJohn

Images

You can receive email notifications of threads that you have subscribed to. I believe that the default is to automatically subscribe you to threads that you have replied to.
    "If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."
    -
    Einstein

Don't be a HelpVampire

Yup! And clicking in the Thread Tools dropdown at the top of a thread, and hitting subscribe will subscribe you to threads you haven't already replied to. You can set your default notification email rate (instant, daily, etc) in your User Control Panel on the left hand side.

I believe only admin can subscribe to all new posts globally though. I know I haven't been able to.

So not exactly living in Nerdvana, but looking at it from across the ravine.
    I Void Warranties�

Welcome, KJohn!

Images

Welcome KJohn! Great to have Chibots here

To add to the subscription discussion, you can also subscribe to a specific forum. The process is very similar to subscribing to threads as Adrenalynn pointed out.

Click on any forum you'd like on the main forums page:

http://forums.trossenrobotics.com/vb_index.php

and then on the screen that displays all of the threads, you should see a drop down box that says "Forum Tools". The third link down (I think) says "Subscribe to this Forum". Select that, and the next page will allow you to select how often you'd like to be notified of updates.

�In the long history of humankind (and animal kind, too) those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed�
    - Charles Darwin

Wow. Well I'll be.. Sure-'nuff that works. Learn something new every day. Thanks, Alex!

I shot this from my test account - my mod account looks a little different...

[Click the thumbnail to make it legible]
    I Void Warranties�

Gee thanks, that works great for the forums and I've already signed up for a few.

Problem is I was trying to sign up for the Chibots Community Social group section which does not have this "forum" feature. Any help here?

Take care,
    KJohn

Images

Quote Originally Posted by jkjellman View Post
    Gee thanks, that works great for the forums and I've already signed up for a few.

Problem is I was trying to sign up for the Chibots Community Social group section which does not have this "forum" feature. Any help here?

Take care,
    KJohn

You can do it for that as well, I checked that out this morning. Its under "Group Tools"

Welcome to the forums btw! I'm in Chicago myself (only have had a chance to attend Chibots once though)

Images

yes, as Tyberius pointed out, when you're in the Chibots Social Group section go to "Group Tools -> Subscribe to this Group". I believe this will notify you of newly created discussions. Also, if you'd like to be notified of individual posts within a discussion, just click on a discussion and at the top of the next page, click "Discussion Tools -> Subscribe to This Discussion"

�In the long history of humankind (and animal kind, too) those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed�
    - Charles Darwin

Thread Information