Page 65 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1540556162636465666768697590 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself!

1. Re: Introduce yourself!

Hi Everybody!

My name is Andrew and I'm an kinetic sculptor (or at least, that's how I'm classifying myself at the moment).

I'm originally from the bay area, but now live in Portland, OR where I work as an interactive designer.

The first robot I built was in the late 80s... but being 3 and lacking any mechanical parts... it didn't do a lot.

These days I'm an arduino user and an adamant believer in open source. Most of the parts / things I've designed are on Thingiverse.

Images

Re: Introduce yourself!

Sorry, there is only one Andrew originating from the Portland area allowed on these forums. You'll have to leave.

Images

But Tybes, He originated in the bay area and moved to Portland..There by filling the void you left.

Welcome to the group Andrew.. (Ignore the other one)

Gary
    Team Maggot---Mechs. "Bheka" (retired), "Maggot Mk.3(A)"
    " Keep your stick on the ice ".... Red Green

4. Re: Introduce yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyberius View Post
    Sorry, there is only one Andrew originating from the Portland area allowed on these forums. You'll have to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by gdubb2 View Post
    But Tybes, He originated in the bay area and moved to Portland..There by filling the void you left.

Welcome to the group Andrew.. (Ignore the other one)

Gary
    Why thanks!

Images

Best response to anyone.. EVER..+rep
    Team Maggot---Mechs. "Bheka" (retired), "Maggot Mk.3(A)"
    " Keep your stick on the ice ".... Red Green

ltm0807 Guest

Nice to meet all of you !!!
    I hope to make friend with many people here.
    I'm Anna Lee, I'm studying in a Technology University.
    I love robot so much !
    --------------------------
    Mobile App Development
    Last edited by ltm0807; 10-11-2010 at 10:01 PM.

spline Guest

Hi peoples, my name is Jean Simard and I'm from Prevost near Montreal, Quebec.

I'm am a 3D artist for the last 10 years and I'm enjoying photography in my spare time.

I know nothing about robotic or electronic but I always love to watch robot in action. For a personal project I've modeled in 3d the APU from the film the Matrix. For me it is one of the best robot ever made on the big screen.

Here an image of my 3D APU:

The reason I'm joining this forum is that I want to build a rig for my dslr camera with some electrinic servo and I hope to find help here.

Thanks

Spline

Roger Stewart Guest

My name is Roger Stewart, and I'm the editor for TAB Books, an imprint of McGraw-Hill. I love the videos and the sense of fun on this site, and it seems like a great place to hang out and keep up with what's going on in DIY robotics. Our books are aimed at technical hobbyists. I'm always interested in new ideas for new books and, of course, always on the lookout for talented writers. I have my own blog at http://tabbooks.tumblr.com/, which I started recently. The TAB marketing manager and I have a Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/#!/TAB.Books which you may find interesting.

hello people?

I've always been a fan of robots/technology, science, music and art's and now that I'm hitting my early mid-ages I think it's time to sit down, dig a little deeper and enjoy it as a hobby!

I come from a skill trades background where I spent the last 17 years as a machinist/CNC operator/PLC gantry follower(I sometimes think it doesn't really need me!) for the mold making and mining industries, it's because of CNC (and surfing youtube for atari punks consoles) I stumbled upon arduino and for the last year and half It's been nothing but the best experience! As for robotics I've managed to build a really simple arduino bot and put together a Lynxmotion arm on a tri-track which is now my pride and joy, but I'm still curious and need more!

At it's core I'm a noob stuck in it's shell, but hey look on the bright side.. at least my shell's got LED's

cheers,

SerithSeraki Guest

Hello to all my new comrades, I am Serith Seraki "pronounced Sairth Sairki". I am a brit born chap that now resides in southern California due to my fiance taking part in a particular college program. I am twenty one years old and have been interested in robotics since I was young, growing up with such films as Saturn 3, Short Circuit, Silent Running, Batteries Not Included, and the Puppet Master series. My goal in robotics is to use the knowledge I have under my belt to pursue a career in animatronics. I currently have two humanoid robots, the Robonova-1, and the KHR2-HV. Though sadly my forte is more on the construction side of things and my programing and electronic skills are lacking. I live in the town of Simi Valley and would be more than willing to assist anyone who is in the general area on any projects they have so feel free to PM me if you are interested in a partnership.

Thread Information