Thread: There has been an increase of spammers on this board.

Images

There has been an increase of spammers on this board.

I noticed that there has been an increase in spammers on these forums the last couple of days... I hate spammers!

Images

Re: There has been an increase of spammers on this board.

Yeah, I HATE spammers too!

It was actually just one spammer that posted in multiple forums. His username was Stephen2 and as you can see by visiting his profile that I've already banned his ass and all his "posts" are deleted. The only spammers that get through the registration process in these forums are the actual human spammers because the robots aren't sophisticated enough to break the encryption during registration.

There was another spammer that signed up a few days ago, but he/she hasn't posted anything as of yet, so I do not have any right to ban him/her, imo.

�In the long history of humankind (and animal kind, too) those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed�
    - Charles Darwin

Images

Sorry Tom, didn't see this one till now. I'm banning him now and removing all his posts. Unfortunately there is no way that I can prevent these human shitheads from registering in our forums. We can only prevent the bots from doing so

�In the long history of humankind (and animal kind, too) those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed�
    - Charles Darwin

Images

Hey Everyone!

There has been quite a bit of human spammers on these forums recently. I've tried to stay on top of it though, removing the posts and banning the users. This is mostly thanks to many of you reporting the posts as spam.

So, I just wanted to show everyone how to report posts as spam. It's actually really simple to do. In each post in each thread, you'll see this icon in the upper right: Attachment 171

Attachment 172

All you have to do is click on that icon and on the next screen hit "Send Report" button (and add a message if you would like).

- Charles Darwin

Images

me again

There's also been some spamming going on via private messaging.

For example, the following message was being sent to users:

Hi,
    I'm new here, how's it going?

"Buddhism has the characteristics of what would be expected in a cosmic religion for the future: it transcends a personal God, avoids dogmas and theology; it covers both the natural & spiritual, and it is based on a religious sense aspiring from the experience of all things as a meaningful unity" - Albert Einstein

If you receive these types of messages where you're just like "WTF?", just shoot me a PM or email with the questionable PM quoted along with the username and I'll take care of it.

I and the rest of the Trossen Robotics Team want all of you to have nothing short of an enjoyable experience here and we want to do anything that we can to make that happen!

- Charles Darwin

Thread Information