Thread: Roadside cameras that detect BLOOD will catch lone drivers who abuse car-sharing lanes

Images

Roadside cameras that detect BLOOD will catch lone drivers who abuse car-sharing lanes

I thought this was cool

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

Motorists will be targeted by a new generation of road cameras which work out how many people are in a car by measuring the amount of bodily fluid it contains.

The latest snooping device on the nation's roads aims to penalize lone drivers who abuse car-sharing lanes, and is part of a Government effort to combat congestion at busy times.

The cameras work by sending an infrared beam through the windscreen of vehicles which detects the unique make-up of blood and water content in human skin.

---
    Sounds like the technology could have military uses as well.

Images

Re: Roadside cameras that detect BLOOD will catch lone drivers who abuse car-sharing lanes

Man, this is going to spoil my carpool lane exploitation for sure!

Pretty cool stuff though, I wonder if it'll be fully automated though, like the speeding/redlight cameras?

Re: Roadside cameras that detect BLOOD will catch lone drivers who abuse car-sharing lanes

One step closer to easy meatbag identification!
    It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. --Carl Sagan

So just start using dead porcine (I almost wrote "pigs' - and then thought better of it...) as an analog rather than those yardsale-purchased mannequins.

BTW: What about the four kids in the back of soccer-mom's minivan that are properly attached to their car-seats facing backwards?

This smells as bad as the aforementioned porcine.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by archcvd View Post
    One step closer to easy meatbag identification!
    Funny, I had the same exact thought when this thread popped back up into the recent list. Obviously this is future tech for our terminators

Images

Are you kidding? This will be foiled by bags filled with warm water and blood like things. I am sure those pesky meatbags will find a way.

Thread Information