Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: W.A.L.T.E.R. v2.0

Arrow Re: W.A.L.T.E.R. v2.0

Quote Originally Posted by societyofrobots View Post
    I'm guessing you plan to cut traces and splice with wires? If you want a double checker before you mod, just let me know and I'm more than willing to verify/help.
    As soon as I am sure how I want to do the mod, I'll let you know so you can tell me if it's the right way to go or not. I still have to check what features are available on each side of the AXON before I decide which side I want to change to regulated power.

Quote Originally Posted by societyofrobots View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what are you using that requires so many regulated power-bus digital output pins?
    It's not that I need so many +5V digital pins, but that I want to keep the analog capable pins free for analog inputs and experimentation - accelerometers, etc. I was hoping the AXON2 would have jumperable power for blocks of pins.

8-Dale
    I can handle complexity. It's the simple things that confound me.
    Do everything in moderation, ESPECIALLY, moderation..
    Sometimes the only way to win, is not to play.. -- Stephen Falken

Re: W.A.L.T.E.R. v2.0

Greetings, everyone!

I have returned, and am back working on W.A.L.T.E.R. 2.0 again. I'm currently using an Arduino Mega ADK board with a DFRobot Sensor Shield as the main "brain" for W.A.L.T.E.R.
    right now, but also plan to try out other boards in various combinations (I have two Raspberry Pi, a BeagleBoard Black, a PandaBoard ES, and two teensy3.1 boards). I also want to get an UDOO quad, which I am extremely interested in because it will give me Linux as well as Arduino Due compatibility. I'll get a real Arduino Due and test stuff out on it first though, before I move on to something like an UDOO quad. There will be some kind of Linux board on W.A.L.T.E.R. as soon as I get the basic sensor/locomotion going reliably. For instance, I also have most of the sensors (except the Gyro) working with a Raspberry Pi running a Python script.

There is a front pan/tilt with Parallax PING and Sharp IR sensors. I've let the magic smoke out of the Sabertooth 2x5 motor controller, so I have upgraded to a RoboClaw 2x5 controller because it has encoder inputs. Both of W.A.L.T.E.R.'s motors have encoders.

Here is what W.A.L.T.E.R. 2.0 looks like now:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	walter_top_xbee.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	123.8 KB 
ID:	5356

Well, this picture is already a little out of date. I'll have to transfer more pictures from my phone. That breadboard is my display/sensor board. It has an IMU (LSM303 Accelerometer/L3DG20 Gyro/BMP180 Temperature sensor), RGB Color sensor, and a heat sensor on it, as well as a DS1307 real time clock module. There are also two displays on that breadboard - a four digit seven segment display and an 8x8 matrix display. I use the 8x8 matrix display for displaying the units, or a graphic, to indicate what is on the seven segment display.

That's all for now. More later!

8-Dale
    I can handle complexity. It's the simple things that confound me.
    Do everything in moderation, ESPECIALLY, moderation..
    Sometimes the only way to win, is not to play.. -- Stephen Falken

Images

Re: W.A.L.T.E.R. v2.0

Welcome back!

Thread Information