Thread: PhantomX MKIII Arbotix-M Phoenix Code

1. PhantomX MKIII Arbotix-M Phoenix Code

Hi Everyone.

I'm hoping someone may be able to help me...

Have just got a got a PhantomX MKIII, built it up with the stock firmware quite successfully, and it ran great!

I then started to try and put Phoenix code on it, but with no success...

To start:
    -Ive tried a bunch of different versions old and new
    -Ive tried afew different sources of Phoenix Code.

I think my problem is just mismatching of versions of phoenix with the Arduino and drivers, but I've got to the end of things to try. have spend a couple of days on it so far.

Heres where I'm at:

-Stock PhantomX MKIII Hardware
    -Arduino 1.8.3 Installed
    -hardware folders copied from the following link:
    --hardware: https://github.com/Interbotix/arbotix/tree/arduino-1-6
    -Phoenix Source Code from here: https://github.com/KurtE/Phantom_Phoenix

The Arduino IDE is detecting the board fine as far as i can tell, so the hardware configuration side of things appears to be okay. however the code will not compile, I keep getting the following errors:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In file included from C:\Users\Luke\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Phoenix\ PhantomX_V2_Commander_AX12_Stock\PhantomX_V2_Comma nder_AX12_Stock.ino:41:0:

C:\Users\Luke\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Phoenix/Phoenix_Code.h:405:0: warning: "cTravelDeadZone" redefined

#define cTravelDeadZone 4 //The deadzone for the analog input from the remote

^

In file included from C:\Users\Luke\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Phoenix\ PhantomX_V2_Commander_AX12_Stock\PhantomX_V2_Comma nder_AX12_Stock.ino:39:0:

C:\Users\Luke\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Phoenix_ Input_Commander/Phoenix_Input_Commander.h:91:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition

#define cTravelDeadZone 6 //The deadzone for the analog input from the remote

^

In file included from C:\Users\Luke\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Phoenix\ PhantomX_V2_Commander_AX12_Stock\PhantomX_V2_Comma nder_AX12_Stock.ino:40:0:

C:\Users\Luke\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Phoenix_ Driver_AX12/Phoenix_Driver_AX12.h: In function 'void MakeSureServosAreOn()':

C:\Users\Luke\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Phoenix_ Driver_AX12/Phoenix_Driver_AX12.h:730:9: error: 'g_awGoalAXPos' was not declared in this scope

g_awGoalAXPos[i] = ax12GetRegister(pgm_read_byte(&cPinTable[i]),AX_PRESENT_POSITION_L,2);

^

exit status 1
    Error compiling for board ArbotiX Std.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At thisd point... I'm pretty stuck. I guess i might just have the wrong version of something, but there seems to be that many revisions out that I'm a little lost as to waht I need to make this thing work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks team!
    Luke

Re: PhantomX MKIII Arbotix-M Phoenix Code

You might try going with straight my stuff...

That is you used my Phantom_Phoenix project from github: https://github.com/KurtE/Phantom_Phoenix
    You might use my version of the hardware/libraries: https://github.com/KurtE/arbotix/tree/arduino-1-6

Where you need to copy the hardware/libraries to the appropriate places
    <Arduino sketch folder>/hardware
    <Arduino Sketch folder>/libraries

Originally Kyle of Trossen copied my 1.6 branch, but then he went through and renamed a bunch of stuff like API names:
    Things that had names like AX where renamed to something like DXL. He put out a beta, which was great, but I was waiting to see where it would end up, before I would update mystuff to match theirs. But then he left and no one has picked it up since.

3. Re: PhantomX MKIII Arbotix-M Phoenix Code

Thanks Kurt.

Have copied your hardware and libraries into the correct locations.

Where abouts is your .ino source file for the Phoenix code put together for the PhantomX in your arduino-1-6 project file?

Or do I need to use the libraries and hardware from that file, and try and upload the complete source file from the Phantom_Phoenix Project?

Still a little confused... Thank you for your help!

We are using the PhantomX for the prototype phase of developing a robot for doing confined space inspections, so just want the extra capability of the Phoenix Code for prototype and confirmation of concept, without having to spend hours coding. I figured it woudl just be a "upload and go" solution, but it seems there is a bit more work involved!

Look forward to your reply,
    Cheers,
    Luke

Thread Information