Thread: Terrain Adaptation Hexapod

1. Smile Terrain Adaptation Hexapod

Hi all,
    I have finally got around to spending more time on terrain adaptation using my p.Brain-DS engine and the largest of my hexapods to date - B.F.Hexapod (V5).

As some of you may know I have dabbled with terrain adaptation before back in 2003 with my V4 hexapod, however, I was limited by having the locomotion engine off-board. With these new tests using the on-board p.Brain-DS many of the problems were solved, along with a new contact sensor design I intend on using on larger hexapods. More info can be found on my site here: micromagic systems - B.F. Hexapod (V5)

Terrain test videos showing various gaits can be found here:

Terrain Test 1
    Terrain Test 2
    Terrain Test 3
    Terrain Test 4

Don't ask me why the video's all start grey.. something to do with youtube conversion, as they were all fine before I sent them!?

B.F. Hexapod V5

Cheers,
    Matt.

2. Re: Terrain Adaptation Hexapod

Matt, that's pretty amazing. I want to try and get my biped MicroRaptor to that level of capability this summer...

- Jon

3. Re: Terrain Adaptation Hexapod

Wow, awesome. Do you think you could post some closeup shots of a foot? That's a design feature that most legged robots are seriously lacking in.
    New to the TR Community? Feel free to introduce yourself and show off your projects!

4. Re: Terrain Adaptation Hexapod

Oh also, what's the song playing in your video?
    New to the TR Community? Feel free to introduce yourself and show off your projects!

Images

Re: Terrain Adaptation Hexapod

That is pretty damn incredible Matt! I'm with Dave; could you post a closeup of those sexy feet?

I got the pic below off your site, but it's a bit fuzzy and I'd like to see all three angles:

Attachment 210

�In the long history of humankind (and animal kind, too) those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed�
    - Charles Darwin

6. Re: Terrain Adaptation Hexapod

Hi,

At some point I will get round to taking some better pictures of the feet, and let you know.

cheers, [email protected]

7. Re: Terrain Adaptation Hexapod

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Oh also, what's the song playing in your video?
    Hi Dave, took me a while to find the details:

Sound track: Clip by Wauvenfold from the Crisp Little Digit album.

Matt.

Thread Information