Thread: Laser Harp Mk III - now with added WiiMote

1. Laser Harp Mk III - now with added WiiMote

I just added a WiiMote as an expression sensor to the harp - now beam sliding works really well.

One day I hope to link the I2C bus of the WiiMote to the arduino, so I can do the same thing without the PC...

Re: Laser Harp Mk III - now with added WiiMote

Quote Originally Posted by shobley View Post
    One day I hope to link the I2C bus of the WiiMote to the arduino, so I can do the same thing without the PC...
    Is the I2C easily accessed on the WiiMote? If so, it should not be difficult to tie it to any microcontroller that has I2C, such as the Arduino.

Your harp is extremely interesting! I love it when somebody like you does stuff like this and turns regular stuff into an extraordinary project such as this.

8-Dale
    I can handle complexity. It's the simple things that confound me.
    Do everything in moderation, ESPECIALLY, moderation..
    Sometimes the only way to win, is not to play.. -- Stephen Falken

3. Re: Laser Harp Mk III - now with added WiiMote

Wow, I can't believe this slipped under my radar for a month.

It sounds much better than it did with just the light sensors. The pitch bending is very tight. Nice work, Steve.
    New to the TR Community? Feel free to introduce yourself and show off your projects!

4. Re: Laser Harp Mk III - now with added WiiMote

Quote Originally Posted by robotguy View Post
    Is the I2C easily accessed on the WiiMote? If so, it should not be difficult to tie it to any microcontroller that has I2C, such as the Arduino.
    Yep. The port in the back end of the remote has I2C pins. It's how the remote communicates with peripherals like the Nunchuck and whatnot.
    New to the TR Community? Feel free to introduce yourself and show off your projects!

I'm playing with the I2C bus on the Wiimote. anyone know where to find that connector other than cannibalization?

Images

Shobley: Nice work, I've always been fascinated by the laser harp after seeing Jean Michelle Jarree's harp a few years ago in a TV concert.
    People yearn after this robotic dream, but you can't strip your life of all meaning, emotion and feeling and expect to function.

Thread Information