Thread: Hammer-RDP (Robotics Development Platform)

Arrow Hammer-RDP (Robotics Development Platform)

Hi all!

Here is something that should be of interest to many here:

TinCanTools is developing a Hammer-RDP (Robotics Development Platform) that will have the Hammer (ARM9, 200 Mhz Samsung S3C2410, 32 MB RAM/16 MB Flash, 40 pin DIP, Full Linux Kernel 2.6.*) as the controller. There are forums at http://www.tincantools.com/forum and a Wiki at http://www.elinux.org/Hammer_Board for additional documentaton. If you are interested in giving feedback on what you would like to see on the Hammer-RDP, come and join in! There is also two IRC channels at irc.freenode.net, #edev and #tincantools.

8-Dale
    Last edited by LinuxGuy; 04-03-2008 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Changed board name to the official Hammer-RDP
    I can handle complexity. It's the simple things that confound me.
    Do everything in moderation, ESPECIALLY, moderation..
    Sometimes the only way to win, is not to play.. -- Stephen Falken

Images

Re: Hammer Bot Board

You all should post there if you are interested! Right now only me and Dale are speaking up!

3. Re: Hammer Bot Board

Added my piece...

- Jon

Re: Hammer Bot Board

Quote Originally Posted by JonHylands View Post
    Added my piece...

- Jon
    I'm still not quite sure what that post means? That you don't need/want/aren't interested in Hammer-RDP?

8-Dale

5. Re: Hammer Bot Board

I guess I was just showing a different perspective - it was probably the wrong place for the post. I'm not using any of the "micro-controller" features of the Hammer - the only things I'm using are the USB host port, and the two serial ports.

I was just excited to get my new boards...

- Jon

Re: Hammer-RDP

Quote Originally Posted by JonHylands View Post
    I guess I was just showing a different perspective - it was probably the wrong place for the post. I'm not using any of the "micro-controller" features of the Hammer - the only things I'm using are the USB host port, and the two serial ports.

I was just excited to get my new boards...
    Ahhh! I would be excited too!

You are doing some very cool work Jon. Watching your progress is enough to make me want to get some BioLoid stuff at some point. The frames kit is just $99.00 and that's well within my budget. Then I'd have to get servos as I could afford them, perhaps 2 or 3 a month.

Well, add your feedback as to what you would like in the Hammer-RDP if you were going to use it. It will be smaller than the current Hammer Carrier Board.

8-Dale

Thread Information