Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spotted in the wild!

Images

Spotted in the wild!

So most of you know that we give away stickers with all our orders. We have them on our laptops here and Alex uses them as pasties on the weekends down at the dance club. (The club serves liquor so IL law requires them.)

We are curious about spotting the TR stickers in the wild. Post your pictures here of the TR stickers on your cars, bots, puters, pets, or where ever else you have stuck them.

Just think, in 2024 wikipedia will have an entry about how those stickers were secret symbols of the skynet revolution and no one knew about it. *EG*

Images

Re: Spotted in the wild!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    So most of you know that we give away stickers with all our orders. We have them on our laptops here and Alex uses them as pasties on the weekends down at the dance club. (The club serves liquor so IL law requires them.)
    Pics or it didn't happen

I have one on my laptop and one on my car... the one on the laptop always sparks conversation when I'm onsite with clients. Unfortunately the one on my car isn't waterproof It's got another month of life left I'd say.

I stuck mine on a window-stat, Tyb, and then put it inside the window...

When I saw the title, Matt, I thought you were going to say that you'd finally spotted one in the wild.

I walked around the parking area at Maker Faire for 20 mins with camera in-hand, just in case...

Images

>>> When I saw the title, Matt, I thought you were going to say that you'd finally spotted one in the wild.

Not Yet! But one day, one day...

Send me a handful and I'll start slapping them on unsuspecting cars in parking lots...

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Just think, in 2024 wikipedia will have an entry about how those stickers were secret symbols of the skynet revolution and no one knew about it. *EG*
    I had one on the back of my wheelchair headrest for awhile, but it wouldn't stay on. I got it from Andrew at a PARTS meeting. I am not a member of SkyNet. :P

8-Dale
    I can handle complexity. It's the simple things that confound me.
    Do everything in moderation, ESPECIALLY, moderation..
    Sometimes the only way to win, is not to play.. -- Stephen Falken

Someone had to do it...

The sticker is displayed on a 320x240 uLCD display driven by an Arduino Decimillia. I just shot a photo of it on my desk with a point-and-shoot.

The final photo hasn't been photoshopped yet, but needs some serious help. It does look much better at 8mpixel than it does at half a megapixel...

Not sure it really counts as "in the wild", but I was waiting for my dinner date and had 15mins to kill. Alas, I shot it on the point-and-shoot instead of my DSLR. [shrug] I think the concept had merit even if the execution didn't.

Images

HeHe, neato.

So I know some of you have the stickers on your puters and bumpers!!! Where are they?? Slackers

Images

Do you want photos of our own cars/motorcycles/computers/robots? I thought the whole point was if we saw someone else with a sticker...I have stickers all over my stuff...though I draw the line at my VW...

Images

Yeah. That's what I meant, people posting pics of their own stuff. I think it will be awhile until we truly spot them in the wild, lol. That will be a great day for me though.

Thread Information