Thread: No Arbotix connected - Dynamanger14

No Arbotix connected - Dynamanger14

Hi

I have ran into a bit of dead end trying to get Dynamanager to recognize my Arbotix-m controller. I can see and write to the controller with Arduino 1.0.6 and 1.8.5 (I started with 1.8 but backtracked to ensure it was not the cause) When I get board info under 1.8 the board is returned as "unnkown" even though it is listed in the boards. I have tried on a number of machines and across Linux and Windows with no luck.

Many Thanks

Stuart

Re: No Arbotix connected - Dynamanger14

Could the problem stem from the firmware on the Arbotix-m not having been correctly installed before shipping? would it be possible for someone who has this board to post the output from "about board" on a resent Arduino ide. This would help you asses the state of the board I have. Are there any examples of setting the AX-12As ID through the Arduino IDE anyone knows off. This could part resolve the issue as at least I would be able to check all 18 AX-12As are working before I the Hex together.

Many thanks again

TwoBarFoo

I am not really sure what program they may pre-program the Arbotox-m with...

So if you expect some specific program on it, you need/want to run, then probably best to download it to the Arbotix-m.

As for programs that can set the IDs...

I have my AX Test program that I sometimes use to do this: https://github.com/KurtE/AX12_Test/

It is a hodgepodge of simple commands, including one to set an ID...

KurtEck

Thanks for the response, as you have no doubt already surmised I am new to embedded systems, I have presumed the board had "soft" functions beyond the silicon, From your response I read that I am was mistaken. As for you github, It is somewhat of a treasure trove. It is going to take me a while before I even have a rudimentary understanding of much of it, I know I will be raising many a cold beer to you in gratitude over the coming months... starting right now so many thanks. The test code gives me a great into into the AX-12s.

I see you have replaced 1 with 19. I take it this is to resolve a default reset condition so I will follow suit here.

Again thanks for all you've shared, the barrier to entry would be much higher without it.

TooBarFoo

Hey, just to let you know your code was great and after a few changes (I was using the standard library) I got everything up and running and Jeffrey took his first steps today. Going to spend the next few days of free time I have reading through your past threads and trying to understand some of where others have been before I decide where I'm going to take him.

At the moment I plan on adding a UP, R200, Mic, speaker, and some wheels.

Thanks again for the assistance

Thread Information