Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Lynxmotion J5 Modded version

Images

Lynxmotion J5 Modded version

Hello guys, Just to let you all know I have been Talking with Tyberius, I am in awe at his project and have always wanted to build such a robotic machine since the days of seeing Johny five, I have ordered ALL the parts to build this machine and the modded parts also that tyberius has used in his J5. Tyberius has also been very helpful in ordering the Pico ITX parts for me ,as in NZ they are not available here and the company that sells them do not ship international. So when I get everything together I will post a detailed construction with photo's. Tyberius has given me permission to make a replica of his machine.Thank you.
    People yearn after this robotic dream, but you can't strip your life of all meaning, emotion and feeling and expect to function.

Images

Re: Lynxmotion J5 Modded version

These are the shocks that I will be using for the J5 torso up/down load movements.

People yearn after this robotic dream, but you can't strip your life of all meaning, emotion and feeling and expect to function.

Images

Go man go! Like I said, I'm very flattered that you're building J5 a brother.

Your step by step photo builds are excellent, and something I should have considered when I built mine (unfortunately I was foaming at the mouth to get mine built asap, and ended up rebuilding/modding over a period of months)

Can't wait to see how this all turns out, your pico-itx + picoPSU arrived yesterday

Images

This is awesome. J5 is getting a brother! Will he be J6? or maybe K5?

Images

Hey guys this is great, Thanks so much for all your help and enthusiasm in getting this project of the ground. Thank you also Tyberius for acquiring the PC parts needed for this project. M'mmm arrived eh, One step closer. Thanks. i can understand you foaming at the mouth to get it finished I think I would to, but have learnt that doing a detailed photo album as you go is invaluable but it also takes a lot of time and patience.

Jut arond the corner I too will be following 4mem8's J5 so we can have a huge family going here. I can't wait.. Plus I love what 4mem8 does with all his robots, I bow down to the master builder 4mem8.

Images

Oh, those kind words, Thank you Gw. Can't wait to start this project.

Images

Finally I have received my J5 Parts and here are a few pics before I open them up, I am looking forward to this project in conjunction with Tyberius's help.

Most parts Except the ITX PC components, These coming soon.

There are some parts that may not be used, But purchased them just in case I do.
    More to come as I start building this project.

I got to spend a lot of quality time with J5 yesterday - you're in for a treat when you birth his little brother. J5 was the hit of the Trossen Robotics booth, and *everyone* had to play with him. I swear he talked to, and tracked objects for, 500+ people in one day...

The modified design truly takes it several *really* big steps beyond the original concept. Grats!

Images

Adrenalynn: He is great, and thank you for confirming that for me, Did you get to speak with Andrew? I would love to meet him! I must set up a video link through AIM and see him. I have spoken to him on numerous occasions through AIM. It would also be nice to set up Aim with you also if you wanted to!

Thread Information