View Poll Results: Lets rate the junkbots...best pile of junk wins!

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Adrenalynn -Lidar Junkbot

4 22.22%
  • Crabfu - Putterbot

4 22.22%
  • Darkback2-lisa

1 5.56%
  • Electricity-Trash

5 27.78%
  • Metaform3d-Beetlebot

4 22.22%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Junk Bot Challenge

Re: Junk Bot Challenge

Can we savage parts from old robots? I have an old robosapien lying around with some motors i could use.

Images

Ok...

I think getting stuff from a junk yard should be OK...getting stuff from ebay...more questionable. Basically document everything you use, and we will let the people who vote be the judges on what is OK, and what isn't. The better/more commercially available the stuff you use I figure the more punitively the people might judge you. It will really come down to how well you document your parts/labor/creativity. The cap on new stuff is $20, so I guess that means anything you spend money on. Then again, I guess if we don't really have firm rules, the judges...the voters will be the ones who ultimately decide. Maybe you can wow them with your robot building skills, and then they won't notice that you spent $1000 on parts...Or maybe they'll call the BS card on you and you'll go down in a blaze of glory.

I personally plan on going to the local junk yard as soon as I get back from robogames...

DB

Images

I would say that anything you get for free is fine. Your garage, a friends, peoples garbage, unattended police cars, etc.

Anything you buy goes to the $20 limit, junk yard, ebay, regular store, etc.

Would shipping count toward the $20 though? I say no, cause that's like counting gas for driving to the store.

Time? 2 months? 3? maybe 1? Dunno.

Only problem is that you can't really make sure the person spent less than $20 on new parts. One could buy it and simply said they found it in a box... Though, i don't think anybody here would do that.

Images

Given that I'm almost on summer break...I would say 1...but that would be unfair to people who work and have real jobs and stuff...so lets say end of august? I'll be in Africa...but no biggy. I'll just have to make a super junk bot that can kick all of you guyses junk bots butts.

DB

Images

Here is the original post on junkbots. Mine is at least to the point where it can squiggle across the floor...very slowly. I'm going for a fully autonomous threelegged crabfu style robot...

DB

Images

Ok...so we should probably start getting a list of people who are participating in this one. I think we currently have adrenalynn, Crabfu?, me...Wingzero? Tyberious? DrWass2? Any other takers? I'll post pics of my junkbot so far later today.

Db

Cool, I'm glad to finally find this thread... I was searching for junkbot instead of junk bot lol.

Anyway I'm in... does this count for new projects or older counts? My swashbot1 was the only one that would qualify... it literally was the first, and probably only, project that were made from spare parts that I had, no trip to the store to buy anything. The tortoise came close, but I went to the hobby store and bought a $50 receiver & a extra $12 servo, didn't have just the right spares in my junk pile. I had in mind using all of the electronics for another projects, which didn't pan out lol... but to be fair, it turned into the tortoise so I'd still consider that I spent $62 or so on it.

-Crabfu

Images

You could enter your swashbot1...but in the spirit of this competition, why not make something new...besides...my robot is inspired by your swashbot. so if you enter swashbot1...what will I enter?

Just kidding.
    DB

lol... well I have some projects in mind that are simple, but I don't have all of the parts laying around... I'll have to come at it from another angle, look at what I have and what can be made from them, hmmmm.... hamster wheel is trying... to... turn....

-Crabfu

Thread Information