View Poll Results: Lets rate the junkbots...best pile of junk wins!

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Adrenalynn -Lidar Junkbot

4 22.22%
  • Crabfu - Putterbot

4 22.22%
  • Darkback2-lisa

1 5.56%
  • Electricity-Trash

5 27.78%
  • Metaform3d-Beetlebot

4 22.22%
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Junk Bot Challenge

Images

Re: Junk Bot Challenge

I'd like to be apart of this guys, but the Arduino alone cost me more then $20.
    This ain't nothing but a summer jam
    Brown skin and cinnamon tans, whoa!
    We're gonna party as much as we can
    Hey-yeah, ooh, hey-yeah
    Summer jam alright
    Hey-yeah, ooh, hey-yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Electricity View Post
    I'd like to be apart of this guys, but the Arduino alone cost me more then $20.
    Did someone hear something? no? ok, I didn't either... I vote for eating utensils

-Crabfu

Images

There should be a "credit" for eliminating the carbon footprint or what ever the "buzz word" is for using ... well trash!

Images

Electricity...You are at a huge disadvantage. The real cost of my tribot? hmm lets see
    Servos ~ $90 new
    Brackets ~ $100 new
    Controllers ~ $150 new
    Camera ~ 35 new
    USB hub ~ 20 new
    Computer ~ 2000 new
    Frame ~ $3 from a junk yard
    Total = $2395 not including incidentals like epoxy and screws and such.

I just get to use these parts because I had the laying around from previous builds. Fact is, most of the non-garbage parts on your robot will be reused in other robots down the road.

Don't sweat it...your in the contest...like it or not. Now do a write-up.

DB

Images

Lol sounds good
    Brown skin and cinnamon tans, whoa!
    We're gonna party as much as we can
    Hey-yeah, ooh, hey-yeah
    Summer jam alright
    Hey-yeah, ooh, hey-yeah

Images

Ok everyone...I'm leaving for Africa on Sunday. I figure...end of August when I get back, and we should have judging on this one in the first week in september. If there is any way we could make a poll consisting of the robots in this thread then everyone could vote on the best junkbot.

DB

Images

If there is any way we could make a poll consisting of the robots in this thread then everyone could vote on the best junkbot.
    Since you're the owner of this thread, you may have the permissions to add a poll. I'm not quite sure what the stipulations (in the backend) are with this. At the top of this thread, do you see a dropdown that says "Thread Tools" right underneath the page navigation (in the same tools menu bar as the Rate this thread option is)? If so, click on that and check if you see the option "Add a poll to this thread". If not, then just PM me with all of the contest entries and I'll add the poll

�In the long history of humankind (and animal kind, too) those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed�
    - Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by darkback2 View Post
    The real cost of my tribot? hmm lets see
    Total = $2395 not including incidentals like epoxy and screws and such.

I just get to use these parts because I had the laying around from previous builds. Fact is, most of the non-garbage parts on your robot will be reused in other robots down the road.
    Ok, I'm gonna jump in too then. I have various leftover robot bits that are just collecting dust... including gearhead motors, Hitec servos, SES parts, Parallax electronics.

I'll gather some stuff to make a 'junk bot' and post a pic. I've already got a couple ideas stirring after reading all the posts surrounding E's creations.

And this will give me something to do while trying to save money for servos!

You should consider extending longer than end of August, maybe another month... give more people (inlcuding me) time to put something together.

Images

So when I started making tribot...or lisa...I really didn't have a clue what I was doing, but wanted to make something akin to a swashbot, as an homage to Crabfu. So I made this thing, but I didn't really plan it out at all. I didn't draw up any parts in cad...make any templates...I just...(makes universal symbol for jumbling something together with hands.)...and it didn't really work. I cut out a huge amount of weight...and it ...still didn't really work...so I went on Ebay, and got some of those really cheap servos...$5? for 4 with something like $20 for shipping...but according to the rules I'm still good! ok...so I got a baseball helmet for $1.25...which might have put me over...but the point is, I still wasn't happy with this thing. Then I figured it out. What makes crabfu's robots special isn't what they look like...though they do look a lot better than mine...its that he gives them life.

So.

Oh...and here is the link to the blog where I talk about making tribot...or lisa.
    building robots by the seat of my pants
    OK...

DB

Then I figured it out. What makes crabfu's robots special isn't what they look like...though they do look a lot better than mine...its that he gives them life.
    We humans do like to anthropomorphise things. And I must say, your video was awesome! You must be using one of those special Cepestral voices. : )

Oh...and here is the link to the blog where I talk about making tribot...or lisa.
    building robots by the seat of my pants
    OK...

DB
    I love your blog!
    We suspected that an agreement with humans would prove impossible to maintain. You are erratic, conflicted, disorganised. Every decision is debated, every action questioned. Every individual entitled to their own small opinion. You lack harmony, cohesion, greatness. It will be your undoing.

Thread Information