Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unity Robotic Controller

Images

Re: Unity Robotic Controller

Note that jwatte built his own system around ZMQ (mostly UDP) and RPCs because he couldn't figure out ROS (and also did not want to have to install Ubuntu just for installing ROS successfully). I had been working on a comprehensive motion control system for arbitrary robot designs built around ZMQ with stochastic gait seeking modules/nodes, but mostly gave up a couple years back. The somewhat higher performance of ZMQ was simply not necessary and the amount of work to get the ZMQ system up and running was in no way worth the effort compared to just using ROS for all the inter-node communications.
    Please pardon the pedantry... and the profanity... and the convoluted speech pattern...
    "You have failed me, Brain!"
    bleh

2. Re: Unity Robotic Controller

Quote Originally Posted by tician View Post
    Note that jwatte built his own system around ZMQ (mostly UDP) and RPCs because he couldn't figure out ROS (and also did not want to have to install Ubuntu just for installing ROS successfully). I had been working on a comprehensive motion control system for arbitrary robot designs built around ZMQ with stochastic gait seeking modules/nodes, but mostly gave up a couple years back. The somewhat higher performance of ZMQ was simply not necessary and the amount of work to get the ZMQ system up and running was in no way worth the effort compared to just using ROS for all the inter-node communications.
    Interesting. Also the exact same reason I haven't learned ROS yet. This project has been sidelined for a new one. Controlling and tracking my DJI/Ryze Tello in Unity. Eventually the plan is for autonomous flying around a course.

https://tellopilots.com/threads/unit...-support.2288/

Re: Unity Robotic Controller

Quote Originally Posted by tician View Post
    But maybe now it might be time to learn more about ROS2... It uses more standard lower level communications (DDS) and they are setting it up to be able to be installed on Linux, OSX and Windows: https://github.com/ros2/ros2/wiki/Installation

I know that Robotis is working with ROS2 and has a version of the Turtlebot3 Burger that runs with it. They are also coming out with some new controllers to work with ROS 2: https://xelnetwork.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

Thread Information