Thread: Pincher kit feedback

1. Pincher kit feedback

Hi - just put my Pincher together, went smoothly, I'm very pleased with it.

I had a bit of kit-feedback, just in case it is useful:

1 - The unplated 2mm nuts in the Pincher kit sometimes took a lot (really quite a lot) of force to fit into the AX-12s. I only worked out halfway through that the plated nuts supplied with the AX12s were a much better fit and went in with sensible force. Might be good to mention that in the otherwise-excellent instructions.

2 - The tube of Turbo Fuse in the kit had turned to jelly. I used a tiny amount of generic cyano as a substitute. We'll see if that was a good idea when I first have to take it apart... :-)

3 - One of the instructions referred to bolts that were not in the kit or the little parts list at the start of the section:
    "Mount the Upper Deck to the Lower Deck using the standoff assemblies using 8 x M3*10 bolts."
    I used M3*8, works fine.

4 - The gripper linkage arms needed a bit of flash cleanup from the holes before the bushes would fit, again might be worth mentioning in the instructions.

Hope that helps, thanks again for an awesome arm!

Richard

Re: Pincher kit feedback

I also just complete a Pincher assembly and agree with Jarkman about the 2mm nuts. Didn't realized the other bag was unplated and would fit better. My workaround was to use a pair of plumbing channel locks to carefully press the nuts into the AX12's. Also agree with comment 3 and 4. I had a hard time threading the bolts into the gripper linkage bushings using the right angle 1.5mm wrench and the straight wrench supplied had a damaged end. Only got them to thread when I got a new straight 1.5mm wrench

Thread Information