Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MicroRaptor

1. MicroRaptor

I'm going to document the progress I do with MicroRaptor in this thread.

First off, here's a picture of MicroRaptor, with the airsoft cannon "mounted" (using electrical tape) to the end of the neck:

Larger version

The Swann camera is sitting on top of the cannon, which is more or less where it will be mounted.
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay, inventor of Smalltalk

Images

Re: MicroRaptor

Awesome! Cant wait to see more

Images

A raptor that can shoot BBs. That is on par with lasers mounted on shark's head... Looks dangerous
    ---
    Sleep? You don't need sleep...

---

Quote Originally Posted by JonHylands View Post
    I'm going to document the progress I do with MicroRaptor in this thread.

First off, here's a picture of MicroRaptor, with the airsoft cannon "mounted" (using electrical tape) to the end of the neck:

The Swann camera is sitting on top of the cannon, which is more or less where it will be mounted.
    Awesome! Which gun are you using?

5. Re: MicroRaptor

The one I took apart in this thread, from here.
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay, inventor of Smalltalk

6. Re: MicroRaptor

The main MicroRaptor page is on my bioloid wiki:

http://www.bioloid.info/tiki/tiki-in...ge=MicroRaptor

There are a number of pages under that, which show movies of an earlier version of MicroRaptor walking, screenshots of the GUIs I have built and use, and lots of information on how the brain and AI system works or is planned to work.

Some of the information on that page is out of date, and I will eventually get around to updating it. There are some new pictures of MicroRaptor and the electronics I am using on my blog.

Your GUI is crazy-cool! Are you planning on marketing that?
    I Void Warranties´┐Ż

8. Re: MicroRaptor

Thanks Jodie.

No, I have no plans. My system requires having a high-speed link to the robot (as in wifi), in order to be really useful, or to be directly connected via a USB bus interface. Most people aren't going to want to drop $500 for a high-speed wireless connection (1.0 Mbps) to their robot.

Even if they did, I have no real interest in supporting this. I have so little time to spend on robotics, and I have a huge pile of AI research ahead of me. Keeping up with building my HUVrobotics boards is taking too much time as it is...

It'd be cool if someday you release that into the wild, one way or another. You've obviously put a TREMENDOUS effort into that bit of engineering. [insert thumbs-up emoticon here, and then insert a couple more, the several of the "beer" emoticons for good measure]
    I Void Warranties´┐Ż

10. Re: MicroRaptor

i second adrenalyns opin!

Thread Information